Family Formation Practice Leader and Shareholder Evi Englert Featured in Mainebiz
The November 2023 issue of Mainebiz highlighted Bernstein Shur Shareholder Eviana Englert, leader of Bernstein Shur’s new Family Formation Practice. Evi’s goal is to help individuals and couples navigate the legal process of starting a family, whether through egg or sperm donation, surrogacy, or adoption.
A parent-to-be herself, Evi reflected on their journey to this area of law: “My interest…really sparked from my personal experience forming my family,” Evi explained. “As a queer person, knowing that I wanted to be a parent since I was a tiny child, it didn’t always feel like a possibility for me. And then becoming and adult and realizing, ‘Oh, I can get married, I can have children, and I can fulfill this dream.’”
The Family Formation Practice provides comprehensive support, guiding individuals and couples through the complex legalities of family formation, reproductive journeys, estate planning, and diverse family planning. Services include:
- Educating clients about their options and rights for family planning in the context of an evolving legal landscape.
- Guiding aspiring parents, including LGBTQ+ clients, in making informed decisions about various family-building paths.
- Representing intended parents and gamete donors in areas like egg donation, sperm donation, embryo donation, co-parent adoption, and parentage proceedings.
- Empowering clients with transparent and honest legal guidance at critical points in their family planning journey.
- Assisting in family planning-related matters, such as estate planning.
- Resolving litigation issues, including dispute resolution.
To read the full Mainebiz article, click here.
To learn more about Bernstein Shur’s Family Formation Practice, click here.