Meet Eviana, decisive litigator and steady advocate.
207 228-7176 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Food and Beverage
Investigations & Resolutions
Labor & Employment
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 “Ones To Watch”
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with them.
As a litigator, Evi maintains a diverse practice, including environmental and mass tort litigation, intellectual property and patent litigation, multi-agency federal investigations, Title IX investigations, labor and employment litigation, food and beverage matters, and federal civil rights actions. Evi is well versed in all phases of discovery and trial preparation, including written discovery, motion practice, settlement negotiations, taking and defending depositions, direct and cross-examination of witnesses, opening and closing arguments, and pre-trial and post-trial briefing. As a member of the Workplace and Campus Investigations & Consulting group, Evi also assists a team of experienced investigators in a wide range of complex misconduct cases.
Evi has extensive experience in federal litigation, including environmental and toxic torts actions. Currently, they serve as counsel in defending Gulf Oil and Cumberland Farms in the methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) litigation matters brought by the State of New Jersey, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and State of Maryland, including multidistrict litigation proceedings in the Southern District of New York.
Prior to joining Bernstein Shur, Evi spent years as an Assistant Corporation Counsel representing the City of New York in federal court, defending the City and its employees in federal civil rights lawsuits.
But that’s not all. Evi is also very knowledgeable about:
- Mass tort and environmental litigation
- Food and beverage litigation
- Intellectual property and patent litigation
- Federal agency investigations
- Federal civil rights litigation
- Lease and other real estate litigation, including commercial landlord-tenant disputes & evictions
- Commercial foreclosures
- Collections and judgment enforcement matters
In her former life, Evi was:
- Law clerk for the Hon. Jeffrey L. Hjelm, Maine Supreme Judicial Court
- Assistant Corporation Counsel, Special Federal Litigation Division, for the New York City Law Department
- Judicial extern for the Hon. Geoffrey W. Crawford, United States District Court for the District of Vermont
- Legal intern for the Legal Aid Society
- Director of Human Resources for Luke’s Lobster, a growing Maine-based restaurant company
When Evi isn’t working, she is…
Running, skiing, taking their pup to a beach or brewery, and hiking all over Maine and New England.
JD, Vermont Law School, magna cum laude
BA, Mount Holyoke College
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
State of New York
United States District Court, District of Maine
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
Maine State Bar Association
Secretary, Executive Board, Partners for World Health
Treasurer, Board of Directors, The OUT Foundation – Portland Chapter
Maine Trial Lawyers Association
National LGBTQ+ Bar Association
Contributor, ABA Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation (2019-2022)