Be a key player on a great team.
Our professional staff members—including our paralegals, legal assistants, accounting staff, and service staff—play a huge role in our firm’s success and are a core part of our team. We seek out smart, energetic people who are passionate about client service and excited to engage with our community. We offer opportunities to advance within the firm, as well as first-rate compensation and benefits.
Don’t see the right opportunity yet?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All inquiries held in strictest confidence.
Marketing and Communications Manager “MCM”
Reports to: COO
Department: Office of Business Development, Marketing & Communications
Office: Portland, ME
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bernstein Shur is seeking a creative and energetic marketing professional to join our Office of Business Development, Marketing & Communications as the Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM).
The MCM’s primary focus is to proactively and effectively promote the firm, our brand, our people, our mission and our services to current and prospective clients, as well as to the general public. The MCM develops and refines marketing goals and manages the firm’s promotional activities and branding. The MCM will work closely with leadership to shape the firm’s image and values and identify the appropriate methods to communicate them to the public. Additionally, the MCM will coordinate all advertising and public relations activities for the firm, industry and practice groups, and offices in Maine and New Hampshire.
The MCM will:
- Develop, implement, and oversee a strategic and comprehensive marketing and communications plan for the firm, as well as its various practice groups and individual attorneys.
- Enhance and further the firm’s business goals via strategic marketing and communications activities.
- Lead strategic integrated marketing planning discussions with firm leadership, practice group leaders, and section leads
- Develop, document, and implement agreed upon strategies for profile raising and market visibility across relevant practice areas, including events, sponsoring conferences, and sourcing speaking engagements.
- Direct the creation of internal communications, press releases and speeches given by attorneys as well as Web or social media presence.
- Work collaboratively with our Business Development, Marketing and Communications team to increase exposure and position attorneys across industry outlets in support of key business development priorities.
- Monitor and apprise firm leadership of the public’s perception of the firm.
- Supervise and direct the workflow of marketing, advertising, and public relations by assigning job tasks, facilitating cross practice group communications, and managing external communications.
- Routinely report on strategic marketing metrics, including those related to the firm’s website, social media, and public relations efforts.
- Manage a support team including Sponsorship and Event Coordinators, Marketing and Business Development Coordinators, and a Customer Relationship Management System “CRM” Specialist.
- Manage all marketing projects and report on progress to requesting attorneys or practice group.
- Maintain beneficial relationships with media outlets in Maine and New Hampshire.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 5 – 7 years of work experience in marketing and communications, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Creative and organized strategist with ability to adapt in the moment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turn-around time and high expectations for attention to detail and quality of work product, while managing multiple, often competing, priorities.
- Must possess outstanding commitment to providing excellent client service and the highest quality work product, be self-motivated, responsive, and a team player.
- Ability to partner with attorneys and develop consultative role/advisory relationship, including the ability to influence.
- Ability to operationalize a plan that includes attention to detail and the ability to execute through to completion.
- Strong analytical abilities to study industry and market trends, data, and client financials.
- Ability to work productively as part of a diverse team embodying varying communications styles.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in using CRM systems, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and social media platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional manner with colleagues at all levels of the firm and with firm clients.
- Ability to travel occasionally post-pandemic based on the needs of the position.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as Bernstein Shur adheres to all CDC guidelines.
This job description is a general overview of the responsibilities of the position.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No job listings available.