Meet Bill, a strategic, determined counselor with a knack for the details.
207 228-7278 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
University of Maine School of Law Faculty Significant Achievement Award
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Bill’s highly analytical mindset combined with a strong practical sense means he is well versed in handling competing tasks while solving complicated legal issues. His approach harnesses together his experience working in a variety of legal environments—from a multifaceted nonprofit organization, to federal judicial clerk to representing clients in both a civil and criminal context while a student attorney at the Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic. No matter the legal landscape or context, clients can place confidence in Bill’s thorough, thoughtful approach and knowing that he gives every challenge his all.
In his former life, Bill was:
- A Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable John A. Woodcock, Jr. at the United States District Court for the District of Maine
- Student Attorney at the Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic
- Executive Editor of the Maine Law Review
- Teaching Fellow for Civil Procedure, Contracts, and Property and a Legal Writing Teaching Assistant
- Head Teaching Fellow of the Academic Success Program
- Summer Associate for Bernstein Shur
- Legal Clerk at a boutique Portland law firm specializing in complex litigation and white-collar defense
When Bill isn’t working, he is…
Following New England sports and Michigan State basketball and football, spending time with his wife Bonnie and their pets, and renovating their 200-year old home in Gorham.
JD, summa cum laude, University of Maine School of Law
BA, cum laude, College of the Holy Cross
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Maine State Bar Association