Meet Shiloh, labor and employment powerhouse, amateur international foodie and Patriots fan.
207 228-7188 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Ranked in Chambers USA (2021) – Labor and Employment Law
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
Shiloh practices in numerous areas of labor and employment law, including employment discrimination and harassment, family and medical leave laws, disability accommodations under the ADA and state law, whistleblowing and retaliation, wrongful discharge and wage and hour laws.
Having spent almost ten years representing employers in administrative proceedings and court in New England and the Mid-Atlantic, and counseling employers on various employment-related issues (particularly in the areas of leaves and accommodations), Shiloh provides employers with practical advice on how to handle complex personnel issues and litigation—all while maintaining a positive, empathetic attitude geared towards resolving issues in a way that benefits everyone involved. Her ability to handle a multitude of extremely sensitive personnel issues, all in a practical, business-like way allows her to find not only the best solutions for the company, but in the most efficient and positive way possible.
Shiloh enjoys the constantly-changing nature of employment laws and developing and strengthening long-term relationships with clients who can count on her to help keep them out of court and, when litigation does occur, aggressively represent their interests in court.
But that’s not all. Shiloh is also very experienced in:
- Drafting and updating employment-related policies for employers
- Assisting clients draft and update employee handbooks and state supplements in line with ever-changing employment laws
- Working with employers to comply with the growing number of state and local paid sick leave laws throughout the U.S.
- Drug testing policies and guidance
- Settlement negotiation and mediation
- General commercial litigation matters, including corporate governance disputes and investigations and federal securities litigation
- Construction, contract and real estate disputes
In her former life, Shiloh was:
- An associate and of counsel at two local Portland law firms, including Littler, the largest law firm in the world devoted solely to representing management in labor and employment law matters
- A litigation associate at Saul Ewing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- A legal assistant at Skadden
When Shiloh isn’t working , she is…
Driving her two grade-school boys to every sport imaginable and the orthodontist, hiking and enjoying Maine’s stunning fall foliage, practicing power yoga, reading Agatha Christie novels, trying all varieties of food and wine and of course, watching New England Patriots football with her Dad and three younger brothers.
JD, University of Pennsylvania
BA, Dickinson College, magna cum laude
Institute for Economics and Political Studies, Cambridge, England
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
State of New Jersey
State of Pennsylvania
US District Court, Districts of Maine, Pennsylvania (Eastern District) and New Jersey
US Courts of Appeals for the First and Third Circuits
Board of Directors, Curtis Memorial Library
Board of Directors, President, National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations
Board of Directors, President, Curtis Memorial Library