Meet Shiloh, labor and employment powerhouse, amateur international foodie and Patriots fan.
207 228-7188 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Labor and Employment Law Practice Group
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
Shiloh practices in numerous areas of labor and employment law, including employment discrimination and harassment, family and medical leave, disability accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and relevant state law, whistleblower and retaliation claims, wrongful discharge, and wage and hour matters. Shiloh also defends institutions of higher education and other schools in employment and student Title IX cases. Shiloh also serves as a neutral investigator in sensitive employment matters, including investigations regarding discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, and retaliation, handling such matters with empathy and thoughtfulness for all parties involved.
Having spent more than ten years representing employers in New England and the Mid-Atlantic on various employment-related issues, Shiloh provides her clients with thoughtful and practical advice on how to handle complex personnel issues and litigation—all while maintaining a positive, empathetic attitude. Her ability to handle these matters in a practical, business-savvy manner allows her to find the best and most efficient solutions for her clients.
Shiloh enjoys the constantly changing nature of labor and employment law and works hard to develop long-term relationships with clients who can count on her to help keep them out of court. When litigation does occur, Shiloh aggressively represents each client’s unique interests, working tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome.
But that’s not all. Shiloh is also very experienced in:
- Drafting and updating employment-related policies for employers
- Assisting clients to draft and update employee handbooks and state supplements in line with ever-changing employment laws
- Working with employers to comply with the growing number of state and local paid sick leave laws throughout the U.S.
- Drug testing policies and guidance
- Settlement negotiation and mediation
- General commercial litigation matters, including corporate governance disputes and investigations and federal securities litigation
- Construction, contract, and real estate disputes
In her former life, Shiloh was:
- An associate and of counsel at two local Portland law firms, including Littler, the largest law firm in the world devoted solely to representing management in labor and employment law matters
- A litigation associate at Saul Ewing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- A legal assistant at Skadden
When Shiloh isn’t working , she is…
Driving her two grade-school boys to every sport imaginable and to the orthodontist. Shiloh enjoys hiking and viewing Maine’s stunning fall foliage, practicing power yoga, reading Agatha Christie novels, trying all varieties of food (and wine and of course), and watching New England Patriots football with her Dad and three younger brothers.
JD, University of Pennsylvania
BA, Dickinson College, magna cum laude
Institute for Economics and Political Studies, Cambridge, England
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
State of New Jersey
State of Pennsylvania
US District Court, Districts of Maine, Pennsylvania (Eastern District) and New Jersey
US Courts of Appeals for the First and Third Circuits
Board of Directors, President, National Conference of Women’s Bar Associations
Board of Directors, President, Curtis Memorial Library
Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section, Maine State Bar Association