Meet Vera, astute trust, estate and taxation advisor, and crossword enthusiast.
603 665-8821 direct
603 623-8700 main
603 623-7775 facsimile
Jefferson Mill Building
670 North Commercial Street
PO Box 1120
Manchester, NH 03105-1120
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2024
Trusts and Estates
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
Vera’s interest in and study of tax—and, prior to law school, mathematics—provided the ideal foundation for a legal career devoted to estate planning, probate and trust administration, and tax-related matters. She is a planner and a problem solver at heart.
Now a member of Bernstein Shur’s Trusts & Estates Practice Group, Vera regularly works with clients to avoid probate, preserve assets, and reduce federal estate tax through trusts and gifting techniques. She counsels fiduciaries in estate and trust administration, assists elders facing long-term care issues, and helps individuals with special needs.
Vera also advises small business owners on succession planning, helping them to design and implement family-focused plans for the futures of their companies. Her clients benefit from her 20+ years of practical experience and in-depth understanding of the law. Vera has dedicated her career to identifying planning opportunities and crafting smart, strategic solutions to a myriad of issues.
But that’s not all. Vera is also very experienced in:
- Establishing all kinds of trusts, including revocable, irrevocable, asset protection, special needs, grantor retained annuity, and qualified personal residence trusts
- Handling probate of estates, trusts, and guardianships when probate cannot be avoided
- Assisting individuals in setting up and administering charitable trusts and foundations for their favorite charities
- Overseeing private trust administration
- Personalizing wills, powers of attorney, health care proxies, and prenuptial agreements
- Providing advice to fiduciaries and beneficiaries in estate and trust litigation
In her former life, Vera was:
- Traveling the world while working for Japan Airlines in New York City.
When Vera isn’t working, she is…
Using her expertise to help others. She serves as a trustee on several charitable boards. As part of her pro bono practice, she has drafted estate planning documents for United States marines preparing for overseas deployment. She also presents informal estate-planning seminars, as she has with the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce and in New Hampshire’s Upper Valley. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling with her family and friends, golfing in near and far-off places, honing her cooking skills, and completing New York Times crossword puzzles.
JD, University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center)
LLM, Taxation, Boston University School of Law Graduate Tax Program
BA, Mathematics, New York University
Admitted to practice
State of New Hampshire
New Hampshire Bar Association
American Bar Association
NH Elder Law, Estate Planning and Probate Committee
NH Probate Committee to Review Probate Statutes and Procedures
Concord Regional Visiting Nurse Association (Trustee, Finance and Audit Committee)
Christ the King Parish (Finance and Future Planning Committees)