Meet Lee, bond counsel and municipal law pro.
207 629-6212 direct
207 623-1596 main
207 626-0200 facsimile
45 Memorial Circle
PO Box 5057
Augusta, ME 04332
Municipal & Governmental Services
Property Tax and Valuation
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2024
Administrative / Regulatory Law
Land Use and Zoning Law
- The Bond Buyer’s nationwide directory of municipal bond attorneys
- AV Preeminent® – Martindale-Hubbell
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
For more than 40 years Lee has provided counsel to local governments and municipalities across the state on a wide range of legal issues, from bond issuance to land use. He is keenly aware of the needs of governmental clients and uniquely adept at meeting them. As testament to his talent and work ethic, he currently manages approximately 40 towns, cities, and districts.
Lee has been approved as bond counsel in connection with issues of the Maine Municipal Bond Bank and the United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development, and is listed as eligible bond counsel in the nationwide directory of municipal bond attorneys published by The Bond Buyer. He currently acts as bond counsel for numerous municipal projects throughout the state of Maine.
But that’s not all. Lee is also very experienced in:
- The issuance of general and revenue obligation bonds through the Maine Municipal Bond Bank’s spring and fall issues, the Bond Bank’s DWSRF and CWSRF programs, USDA, commercial banks and the national market, as well as other types of tax-exempt financing, such as revenue anticipation loans and tax anticipation notes
- Employment and personnel issues, zoning and land use issues, property tax matters, tax increment financing matters, labor negotiations, and litigation in all state and federal courts
- Revaluation and abatement disputes at the Maine State Board of Property Tax Review and through all levels of the judicial appeal process
In his former life, Lee was:
An attorney at the Maine Municipal Association, and the original author of the Maine Assessor’s Manual.
When Lee isn’t working, he is…
Writing a scholarly article or preparing a speech on subjects that interest municipal authorities. His presentations include a seminar given at the annual meeting of the Maine Rural Water Association along with several colleagues, with his focus being on public finance. He enjoys taking trips with his family, and gets out on the ski slopes as much as he can.
JD, University of Maine School of Law, 1973
BA, University of Maine, 1970
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
US District Court, District of Maine
Maine State Bar Association