Meet Jim, Proud Granite Stater and Managing Shareholder for Bernstein Shur – New Hampshire Group.
603 665-8853 direct
603 623-8700 main
603 623-7775 facsimile
Jefferson Mill Building
670 North Commercial Street
PO Box 1120
Manchester, NH 03105-1120
Bernstein Shur Board of Directors
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2024
Government Relations Practice
- 2021’s Top 200 Most Influential Business Leaders – NH Business Review
- New Hampshire’s “25 Leaders for the Future” – Business NH Magazine
- Named “Rising Star” – New Hampshire Magazine
- 40 Under Forty – New Hampshire Union Leader
- Named as one of the top Republican operatives in New Hampshire – Campaign and Election Magazine
- Two-time Chairman of the “Distinguished Citizen Award Dinner” hosted annually by the Boy Scouts of New Hampshire
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Jim is one of the Granite State’s most respected campaign and public affairs professionals. He serves as New Hampshire State Director of The Bernstein Shur Group, where he uses his extensive public affairs experience to lead a bipartisan group of public affairs professionals providing strategic, grassroots and media solutions for political, non-profit, real estate, energy, telecom, healthcare and education clients engaged in complex matters.
Jim served as Marco Rubio for President senior advisor and consultant in 2015-16, overseeing the campaign’s activities in New Hampshire and regionally. In 2007-08, Jim served as campaign manager for the Mitt Romney for President campaign in New Hampshire, and as a senior advisor and general consultant to the Romney for President campaign in 2011-12.
Jim knows that to win—whether at the ballot box, in the State House, with a regulator or in the court of public opinion—a campaign is required. His extensive experience managing public affairs and political campaigns allows him to provide customized grassroots, coalition, legislative and media solutions for clients facing complex challenges.
Working with his clients, Jim develops a campaign plan unique to the circumstances. By leveraging his networks and years of campaign experience, Jim helps his clients reach and influence targeted audiences through innovative grassroots and earned media strategies, while managing each element of the campaign to allow his clients to focus on their daily business.
In his former life, Jim was:
- A staff member for former New Hampshire Governor Stephen E. Merrill
- A staff member at the New Hampshire Departments of Health and Human Services
- A zoning and land-use attorney crafting legal and political solutions for a variety of real estate clients
When Jim isn’t working, he is…
Spending time with his wife and two children, following all things Boston sports related and working on yet another fixer upper project in his 100-year-old house in Manchester.
BA, Gettysburg College
JD, University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center)
Admitted to Practice
State of New Hampshire
Trustee, Nackey Loeb School of Communications
Advisory Board, Warren B. Rudman Center for Justice, Leadership & Public Service at UNH Law
Former Director of the Daniel Webster Council-Boy Scouts of America
Former Director of Easter Seals NH
Former Director of the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center