Meet Jim, Managing Shareholder New Hampshire & State Director for the Bernstein Shur Group.
603 665-8853 direct
603 623-8700 main
603 623-7775 facsimile
Jefferson Mill Building
670 North Commercial Street
PO Box 1120
Manchester, NH 03105-1120
- Named by Business NH Magazine as one of New Hampshire’s “25 Leaders for the Future”
- Named by New Hampshire Magazine as a “Rising Star”
- Named to the New Hampshire Union Leader’s 40 Under Forty program
- Named by Campaign and Election Magazine as one of the top Republican operatives in New Hampshire
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Jim is one of the Granite State’s most respected campaign and public affairs professionals. He serves as New Hampshire State Director of The Bernstein Shur Group, where he uses his extensive public affairs experience as part of a bi-partisan public affairs firm to provide strategic, grassroots and media solutions for political, non-profit, real estate, energy, telecom, healthcare and education clients engaged in complex matters.
Most recently, Jim served as a Marco Rubio for President senior advisor and general consultant in 2015-16, overseeing the campaign’s activities in New Hampshire and throughout the Northeast region. In 2007-08 Jim served as campaign manager for the Mitt Romney for President campaign in New Hampshire, while in 2011-12 he served as senior advisor and general consultant to the Romney for President campaign here.
Jim knows that to win – whether at the ballot box, in the State House, with a regulator or in the court of public opinion – a campaign is required. His extensive experience managing public affairs and political campaigns, allows him to provide customized grassroots, coalition, legislative and media solutions for clients facing complex challenges.
Working with his clients, Jim develops a campaign plan unique to the circumstances, creates a persuasive message and identifies targeted audiences. By leveraging his networks and years of campaign experience, Jim helps his clients reach and influence those targeted audiences through innovative grassroots and earned media strategies, while managing each element of the campaign to allow his clients to focus on their daily business.
But that’s not all. Jim is also very experienced in:
- Providing strategic, political and communications counsel in a wide variety of public policy initiatives
- Counseling on building grassroots teams and managing campaigns
- Organizing and developing messaging and media strategies to achieve desired goals
- Offering strategic legislative guidance in support of or opposition to legislative initiatives
- Providing fundraising counsel and strategic planning services to non-profit clients
- Serving as a spokesman for corporate or non-profit entities
In his former life, Jim was:
- A staff member of former New Hampshire Governor Stephen E. Merrill
- A staff member of the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
- A zoning and land-use attorney crafting legal and political solutions for a variety of real estate clients
When Jim isn’t working, he is…
Spending time with his wife Kristy and two children, following all things Boston sports related and working on yet another fixer upper project in his nearly 100 year old home.
BA, Gettysburg College
JD, University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center)
Admitted to Practice
State of New Hampshire
Board of Directors and Chair of the Nominating Committee, The Daniel Webster Council-Boy Scouts of America
Advisory Board, New Hampshire Institute of Politics at St. Anselm College
Committee Member, Nackey S. Loeb Annual First Amendment Award Event
Former Director, McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center
Former Director, Easter Seals New Hampshire