Meet Jamie, advocate for the aging and energy transmission devotee.
207 228-7153 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
HUD/Tax Credit Assisted Housing for Elderly
Transmission and Microgrid Development
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© in Maine 2021 in the fields of Energy Law, Project Finance Law, and Real Estate Law
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized by Chambers USA for energy and natural resources practice
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Jamie started his career on the staff of the US House of Representatives, where he drafted the revised HUD Section 202 program to provide housing for the elderly and was appointed by the president to the Federal Council on Aging to focus on housing policy. As an attorney, his public policy experience complements his personal and professional dedication to improving the livelihood of senior citizens. In over four decades, he has worked on more than 100 projects in 29 states, including a program that housed 200,000+ seniors around the country.
Jamie also leads teams in the development of electric transmission systems that help reduce energy costs while efficiently delivering power. The Neptune Project, in which he serves as general counsel, won the 2005 Project Finance Deal of the Year on Wall Street for a project that currently provides 22% of power to Long Island, NY, and helped reduce the cost of energy to ratepayers on Long Island by over $2 billion over a 20-year contract.
But that’s not all. Jamie is also very experienced in:
- Project financing, drafting permits and contracts, and negotiating the regulation of the power interchange between electrical utilities
- Biofuel manufacturing projects in Maine
- Offering legal advice on the building, financing, and acquisition of affordable housing, assisted living and long-term care facilities—he’s the general counsel to the nation’s fifth-largest nonprofit developer of housing for the elderly and to one of Maine’s largest long-term-care providers
In his former life, Jamie was:
- A partner at Curtis Thaxter Stevens Broder & Micoleau from 1978 to 2011
- Trustee of the Maine Health and Higher Educational Facilities Authority
- Finance chair of the “Angus King for Governor” campaigns in 1994 and 1998—as well as his US Senate campaign in 2012—and co-chair of King’s 1994 transition team
- The Maine Wing Legal Officer as a member of Civil Air Patrol, a US Air Force Auxiliary
- In the US Navy from 1968 to 1972
When Jamie isn’t working, he is…
Served as board member, capital campaign co-chair, and president of the Board of the Cedars, Portland’s Jewish Home for the Aged, and in the capital campaign cabinet for Congregation Bet Ha’am. Jamie resides in Cumberland, Maine with his wife Lee. They have four grandchildren who will always know Jamie as “Gaga.”
JD, Georgetown University Law School, 1975
BA, University of Virginia, 1968, Phi Beta Kappa
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
Maine State Bar Association
American Bar Association (Forum on Affordable Housing)