Meet Elliot, diligent worker, thoughtful communicator, and lover of local restaurants.
207 228-7167 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
- Laurie A. Gibson Award for Excellence – Awarded for the highest score on the essay portion of the September 2020 bar exam.
- American Bankruptcy Medal of Excellence – Awarded to a member of the graduating class for excellence in the study of bankruptcy law.
- Wernick Prize for Legal Writing – Presented for the best legal scholarship submitted by a graduating student anytime during his or her 1L, 2L, or 3L years, selected from among nominated legal scholarship.
- Executive Editor, Maine Law Review
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
When you need someone who handles cases thoughtfully and empathetically, who knows the ins and outs of the State court system, and who can be a critical and honest voice when you need it the most, Elliot is your guy.
Elliot’s work as a Judicial Law Clerk to Justice Thomas E. Humphrey at the Maine Supreme Judicial Court makes him the go-to person for questions on the rules, procedures, and issues that affect the disposition of a case on appeal. He’s known to take on client matters with a strong sense of responsibility and is deeply attuned to the needs of each client and case. All of this—plus his diligence and demonstrated work ethic—makes him the right person to have in your corner. In addition to his experience with the Maine Supreme Judicial Court, Elliot worked as a Bernstein Shur Summer Associate. During this time, he spent eight weeks working across the firm’s practice groups and four weeks performing pro-bono work with the Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project.
But that’s not all. Elliot’s also knowledgeable about:
- Data privacy rules and regulations.
- The world of business transactions, contracts, and taxation.
In his former life, Elliot was:
- A Judicial Law Clerk to Justice Thomas E. Humphrey at the Maine Supreme Judicial Court
- A Summer Associate at Bernstein Shur
- A Judicial Extern to the First Circuit Court of Appeals
- A Legal & Compliance Intern at Stone Coast Fund Services
- A Program Assistant at Preble Street Resource Center
When Elliot’s not working, he’s…
Adventuring with friends across fantasy realms in the tabletop roleplaying game Dungeons & Dragons and creating new adventures as a “Dungeon Master.” You can also find Elliot around Portland, frequenting the bars and restaurants, or powerlifting at some of the local gyms.
- For Love or For Profit? – Crafting a Suitable Securities Framework for Initial Coin Offerings, 72 Me. L. Rev. 155 (2020)
JD, University of Maine School of Law, 2020, magna cum laude
PBACC, Drexel University Online, 2015
BS, University of Vermont, 2013
Admitted to practice
State of Maine