Meet Eliza, real estate powerhouse and advisor on land conservation transactions.
207 228-7298 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
- Top Ranked in Chambers USA for Real Estate: Timberland/Conservation (2012–2018)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Non-Profit/Charities Law and Real Estate Law (2013–2014)
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
As a shareholder in Bernstein Shur’s Real Estate Practice Group, Eliza represents timberland investment companies and wind energy developers on real estate-based projects in Maine and around the country. Her acute knowledge of all aspects of real estate transactions and financings, robust organizational and drafting skills, and calm demeanor under pressure are a boon to companies whose complex projects often involve multiple parties and many moving parts.
Eliza’s previous experience at The Trust for Public Land and years of working closely with conservation organizations and timberland investment management companies have given her special insight into projects with a conservation focus. In fact, her client work has resulted in more than 1,500,000 acres being transferred into protected ownership.
But that’s not all. Eliza is also very experienced in:
- The real estate aspects of wind power and transmission projects, including title analysis and transactional work with landowners and public utilities
- Working with individuals and families on acquisitions and sales and structuring the ownership, management, and disposition of family properties
In her former life, Eliza was:
- An attorney representing tax-exempt organizations and practicing estate planning with two Boston firms
- Project manager for The Trust for Public Land from 1990 to 1994, where she negotiated conservation transactions in which businesses, families, and governmental entities transferred properties into protected ownership
When Eliza isn’t working, she is…
Devoted to her three children.
JD, Northeastern University School of Law, 1985
BA, Brown University, 1982
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
US District Court, Districts of Maine and Massachusetts
Maine State Bar Association
American Bar Association