RETURN TO NEWS & PUBLICATIONS
Bernstein Shur Attorneys Impart Energy Expertise to Municipal Leaders
Portland and Augusta, ME and Manchester, NH (August 4, 2014) – Bernstein Shur, one of northern New England’s largest law firms, had five attorneys present a seminar to local governmental leaders and associated professionals on laws applicable to natural gas infrastructure for municipalities.
ME Municipal Association in Augusta hosted the following members of the firm’s Energy Law Practice Group and Municipal and Regulatory Practice Group: Chris Aslin, Trish French, N. Joel Moser, Shana Cook Mueller and Phil Saucier.
The well attended event had an in-depth analysis and discussion on the following points:
- Where natural gas is produced and stored in the U.S.
- The nature and use of off-shore storage and over-road transportation
- Fundamentals of pipelines: distribution and transmission systems
- Overview of regulatory bodies including ME PUC and various federal agencies
- Details of public safety issues
- Siting issues
- Property tax and valuation issues
Click on the following links to learn more about our Energy Law Practice Group and Municipal and Regulatory Practice Group.