Senior IT Support Specialist
Position: Senior IT Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology Department
Reports to: IT Help Desk Manager
Office: Hybrid Remote and On-site in Portland, ME
Hourly 40 per week
Bernstein Shur, a New England-based law firm that advises clients across the U.S. and around the world, is seeking a Senior IT Support Specialist to work in its Portland, ME office.
Bernstein Shur is seeking an energetic and team-oriented professional to join our IT department. If you’re looking to grow your career and be part of a great company, this position is an exciting opportunity for you to do both.
Our IT department delivers excellent service while also developing and managing innovative business technology and training. The Senior IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing advanced-level support for hardware and software issues and other requests to all firm employees, practice groups, and departments. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, confidence to operate in high-pressure situations, and willingness to provide prompt and professional responses to our valued employees at all levels across the Firm.
While this position is based out of our Portland location, a hybrid work schedule can be arranged if desired.
- Respond to and problem-solve advanced IT Help Desk calls and tickets.
- Provide senior-level guidance and training to Help Desk team members to resolve technical issues.
- Responsible for escalation of open work orders to software vendors.
- Provide basic system/application administration, including Group Policy and Microsoft 365.
- Responsible for providing remote support and periodically on-site support to our Manchester and Augusta offices.
- Work independently or with other team-members on projects and other tasks as assigned by IT Help Desk Manager and CIO.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding system tasks and assignments.
- Provide input to future technology and applications projects consistent with business needs of the firm.
- Participate in on-call after hours support rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area and/or 5+ years of IT support experience.
- Microsoft 365 Administration, including SharePoint, Exchange, and Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Basic server and network administration, including Identity & Access Management and Information Governance through Active Directory and Group Policy Management.
- Working knowledge of remote work technologies, such as Citrix or VMware.
- Video Conferencing and VOIP experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with an enterprise ticketing system.
- Superior communication skills when interacting with end-users and other team members using email, phone and one-on-one to resolve technology issues and questions.
- Must possess outstanding commitment to providing excellent client service and highest quality work product, be self-motivated, responsive and a team player.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate: All Bernstein Shur employees are required, as a condition of employment, to show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination or their eligibility for an exemption under the firm’s vaccination policy.
ABOUT BERNSTEIN SHUR
Our 125+ award-winning attorneys and professionals are driven, dominant, and deliver results. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, strive to achieve the highest level of professional excellence, and thrive in an atmosphere that’s collaborative, authentic, and respectful. We have exceptionally high standards for everything we do, and we’re looking for high-energy candidates who want to make a big impact. We work together to continually raise the bar and put our clients’ interests first. In 2021, Bernstein Shur was named one of Maine’s Best Places to Work for the tenth time. It’s a reflection of our values and firm-wide commitment to create a culture that believes in diversity, flexibility, and family-friendly policies. Simply put, we desire to do great work—and have great lives.
Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer.
What You Can Look Forward to:
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Excellent Health Insurance Benefits
- 401K Package
- 23 Days of PTO Starting on Day 1
- 11 Paid Holidays (Plus a Firm Day of Service)
- Paid Parking
- Paid Parental Leave
- Collaborative, Supportive and Friendly Work Environment