Labor and Employment Litigation Legal Assistant
Bernstein Shur is seeking a Labor and Employment Litigation Legal Assistant with 3+ years of experience. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and thriving practice group. The Labor and Employment Litigation Legal Assistant will provide administrative support to a team of dynamic attorneys with busy practices.
Interested candidates should be knowledgeable in legal process, (state and federal) and procedures, energetic and eager to put their experience to work immediately. The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running, utilizing all skills including a high level of legal support knowledge with keen attention to detail. This position requires superior organization and communication skills; discretion and comfort with high level of confidential client contact. Experience with DMS a plus. Bernstein Shur is located in the beautiful downtown Portland and recognizes work life balance.
- This position requires a high level of litigation experience to manage a large volume of cases including: calendaring, pleadings, motions, client correspondence, legal memorandums, docketing items; trial prep and discovery and file maintenance.
- Perform all administrative duties required of legal assistant to maintain daily activities of supporting attorneys.
- Assist attorney with careful documentation of case management.
- Confidentiality is crucial to this position along with ability to communicate effectively via verbal and written correspondence.
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to maintain easy file access and accountability.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2016 / 365 (Word and Excel are a must) and ability to quickly learn the firm’s document management system.
- Other duties as required.
The firm offers a first-rate compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation and personal time. Bernstein Shur’s learning and training courses are available for all employees. Bernstein Shur provides free parking in the Old Port for all employees. Our staff actively participates in firm activities and within the community. Bernstein Shur has earned Best Places to Work in Maine 2019. Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer. Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to the e-mail listed.