Litigation Legal Assistant
Bernstein Shur is seeking a Litigation Legal Assistant with 3+ years of experience. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and thriving practice group. The Litigation Legal Assistant will provide administrative support to a team of dynamic attorneys with busy practices.
Interested candidates should be knowledgeable in legal process, (state and federal) and procedures, energetic and eager to put their experience to work immediately. The successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running utilizing all skills including a high level of legal support knowledge with keen attention to detail. This position requires superior organization and communication skills; comfortable with high level of confidential client contact. Superior Microsoft Word and Excel skills are a must. Experience with DMS a plus. Bernstein Shur is located in the beautiful Old Port area in Portland, Maine and recognizes work life balance.
- This position requires a high level of litigation experience to manage a large volume of cases including: calendaring, pleadings, motions, client correspondence, legal memorandums, docketing items; trial prep and discovery and file maintenance.
- Perform all administrative duties required of legal assistant to maintain daily activities of supporting attorneys.
- Assist attorney with careful documentation of case management of sexual assault investigations.
- Confidentiality is crucial to this position along with ability to communicate effectively via verbal and written correspondence.
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to maintain easy file access and accountability.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and have the ability to learn the firm’s document management system.
- Must be able to create templates and Excel spreadsheets.
- Other duties as required.
The firm offers a first-rate compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation and personal time. Bernstein Shur’s learning and training courses are available for all employees. Our staff actively participates in firm activities and within the community. Bernstein Shur has earned Best Places to Work in Maine. Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to the e-mail listed.