Finance Billing Specialist
Bernstein Shur, a New England-based law firm that advises clients across the U.S. and around the world, is seeking a Billing Specialist to work in its finance department in our Portland Maine office or remotely.
This position is responsible for the preparation and processing of client invoices for the Firm. The ideal candidate is a results-driven professional who can effectively meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This position can be performed remotely.
- Create, review and distribute monthly proformas to Firm attorneys.
- Review proformas returned electronically and perform action(s) requested in the 3E billing system. Actions can include, but are not limited to, creating an invoice, processing write up/down adjustments, line-item transfers, reversing/re-billing invoices, and running ad-hoc proformas.
- Distribute final invoices internally to the appropriate legal assistants and billing attorneys.
- Set up and maintain client accounts in the e-Billing Hub and third-party vendor sites. Submit invoices through these sites and proactively manage rejections. Consistently review all e-billing client policies, guidelines, and matter-based issues. Proactively communicate e-Billing issues to the appropriate billing attorneys to maximize receivables collection.
- Monitor and resolve inquiries from attorneys and legal assistants.
- Provide backup support and cover absences of other Finance staff, as needed/requested.
- Other special project work and duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Three to five (3-5) years of professional billing experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Thomson Reuters 3E financial software and e-Billing Hub experience, a plus.
- Detail oriented, organized, and accurate with a proven record of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate: All Bernstein Shur employees are required, as a condition of employment, to show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination or their eligibility for an exemption under the firm’s vaccination policy.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Financial wellness program
- 401K employer match and profit sharing
- 23 days PTO starting on day 1
- 11 paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Mobile data reimbursement
- Free parking
ABOUT BERNSTEIN SHUR
Our 125+ award-winning attorneys and professionals are driven, dominant, and deliver results. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, strive to achieve the highest level of professional excellence, and thrive in an atmosphere that’s collaborative, authentic, and respectful. We have exceptionally high standards for everything we do, and we’re looking for high-energy candidates who want to make a big impact. We work together to continually raise the bar and put our clients’ interests first. In 2021, Bernstein Shur was named one of Maine’s Best Places to Work for the tenth time. It’s a reflection of our values and firm-wide commitment to create a culture that believes in diversity, flexibility, and family-friendly policies. Simply put, we desire to do great work—and have great lives.
Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer.