Executive Assistant: Government & Public Affairs Practice Group (GPA PG)
Remote (Maine & New Hampshire)
Bernstein Shur, a New England-based law firm that advises clients across the U.S. and around the world, is seeking an Executive Assistant to work in its Portland, Maine office.
The Executive Assistant (“EA”) provides critically important administrative support to two busy practice group leaders of the firm. Proactive, resourceful, and technically proficient, the EA excels at facilitating administrative needs with a can-do attitude and relies on exceptional organization skills to manage day to day administrative needs effectively and efficiently. The EA is personable, discrete, exercises good judgment, possesses excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and enjoys collaborative teamwork.
- Actively manage complex schedules, calendars, contact lists, and files
- Work closely and effectively with the practice group leaders to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, schedule changes, and preparation needed for meetings, following up appropriately
- Anticipate the needs of and proactively provide support to relieve supervisors of a variety of administrative tasks
- Manage day-to-day workflow while juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strict gatekeeper, answer, screen, and direct incoming calls
- Organize meetings, draft agendas, make associated meeting arrangements, coordinate video and audio conference calls
- Prepare presentation materials for meetings using MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, as and when requested
- Compose memos, letters, and other correspondence to internal and external audiences, as requested
- Quickly identify, prioritize, and resolve problems of a varying nature with minimal direction provided
- Assist with and work on a wide variety of assignments and projects
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in a similar Executive Assistant role supporting C-level executives.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Keen ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, and with firm’s clients and third parties
- Demonstrated ability to work and cultivate relationships across a variety of sectors, communities, and levels to ensure mission alignment and reach
- Must be bi-partisan and party neutral
- Work discretely with confidential information
- Must be proactive, accountable and have excellent judgment
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment while making very few errors
- Must be adaptable to change and remain calm under pressure
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, positive can-do attitude and polished professional demeanor; a healthy sense of humor will be considered a plus
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines with a strong sense of timeliness, decision-making, and good self-management discipline
- Solid technical skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and CRM systems
- COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate: All Bernstein Shur employees are required, as a condition of employment, to show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination or their eligibility for an exemption under the firm’s vaccination policy.
- Hybrid / Remote work environment
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Financial wellness program
- 401K employer match and profit sharing
- 23 days PTO in the first year of employment
- 11 paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Mobile data reimbursement
- Free parking
ABOUT BERNSTEIN SHUR
Our 125+ award-winning attorneys and professionals are driven, dominant, and deliver results. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, strive to achieve the highest level of professional excellence, and thrive in an atmosphere that’s collaborative, authentic, and respectful. We have exceptionally high standards for everything we do, and we’re looking for high-energy candidates who want to make a big impact. We work together to continually raise the bar and put our clients’ interests first. In 2022, Bernstein Shur was named one of Maine’s Best Places to Work for the eleventh time. It’s a reflection of our values and firm-wide commitment to create a culture that believes in diversity, flexibility, and family-friendly policies. Simply put, we desire to do great work—and have great lives.
Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer.