Commercial Real Estate Paralegal – Remote Opportunity
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic firm supporting Monument Title Company (MTC) a division of Bernstein Shur’s Real Estate Practice Group (REPG) in Portland, Maine. Interested candidates should be knowledgeable with commercial real estate closing procedure, (non-residential) Maine Title Standards/Real Estate best practices, energetic and eager to put their experience to work immediately. The MTC paralegal will assist lawyers with real estate transactions, through due diligence, financing, and closing. The attorneys and the members of the administrative staff in the REPG work as a team to maintain superior client relationships. The paralegal will be a key member of the REPG team, and the expectation is that the majority of his/her time will be billable to clients. This position can be 90% remote or located in the beautiful Old Port area of Portland, Maine. (must be available to attend socially distanced closing meetings).
- Work with attorneys on a broad array of real estate transactions.
- Draft, revise and review documents, including entity organizational documents, legal agreements, and correspondence.
- Coordinate and assist with closings.
- Review, organize, and summarize legal agreements and business information.
- Manage legal documents, correspondence, deal closings, and communications with clients and with counsel to other parties.
- Delegate as appropriate, assigning document production to the legal assistant of the supervising attorney and reviewing the assistant’s work.
5 – 10 years of commercial real estate closing experience, superior Microsoft Office skills. Prior law firm experience is required.