Business Development Specialist
The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for supporting business development activities across the firm’s eight practice groups. This position collaborates with the broader business development and marketing team on day-to-day activities, responds to requests for proposals (RFPs) and pitch opportunities, prepares market and client analysis reports, analyzes data, and conducts business and market intelligence research. The ideal candidate will have experience working in professional services and will possess strong writing, organizational, and communication skills. This position requires superior Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills. Candidates must also have a diplomatic communication style with the ability to handle confidential information, be highly organized with an eye for detail, manage time efficiently, and enjoy working within a collaborative team.
- Draft responses to RFPs and pitches, and conduct market research on each opportunity to ensure a strategic, customized, and tailored response.
- Track new and existing client opportunities in the firm’s customer relationship management software.
- Develop and maintain business development reports to educate firm leadership about business development activity occurring across the firm.
- Work closely with the marketing team to draft and update business development collateral.
- Support the marketing and events team with events that will be attended by clients, potential clients or referral sources of the firm.
- Conduct competitive, market, and industry research in support of new or expanded business opportunities.
- Assist with all cross-marketing efforts to strategically connect practice and industry groups across the firm.
- Perform background research and compile reports ahead of client feedback interviews.
- Work on other projects and duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 years of experience in professional services business development.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with customer relationship management software.
- Experience conducting research and data analysis to inform strategic decision making.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Diplomatic communication skills with the ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to connect and work with a diverse group of colleagues.
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude.
- Superior Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook skills.
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Hybrid work environment
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Financial wellness program
- 401K employer match and profit sharing
- 23 days PTO in the first year of employment
- 11 paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Mobile data reimbursement
- Free parking
ABOUT BERNSTEIN SHUR
Our 120+ award-winning attorneys and professionals are driven, dominant, and deliver results. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, strive to achieve the highest level of professional excellence, and thrive in an atmosphere that’s collaborative, authentic, and respectful. We have exceptionally high standards for everything we do, and we’re looking for high-energy candidates who want to make a big impact. We work together to continually raise the bar and put our clients’ interests first. In 2022, Bernstein Shur was named one of Maine’s Best Places to Work for the eleventh time. It’s a reflection of our values and firm-wide commitment to create a culture that believes in diversity, flexibility, and family-friendly policies. Simply put, we desire to do great work—and have great lives.
Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t see the right opportunity yet? Email your resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Mary Beth Turcotte
email@example.com 207 774-1200
All inquiries held in strictest confidence.