Senior Associate or Shareholder Attorney – Labor and Employment
Bernstein Shur, a Northern New England-based regional law firm that advises clients across the U.S. and around the world, is seeking a senior associate or shareholder level attorney to join our Labor and Employment Practice Group in its Portland, Maine or Manchester, New Hampshire offices. The ideal candidate will be a member of the Maine and/or New Hampshire Bar with at least five to seven years of employment law litigation experience in state and federal matters and an excellent reputation. A portable book of business is preferred but not required.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Superior research and writing skills;
- An ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects;
- An ability to handle employment litigation matters from start to finish; and
- Experience providing advice and counsel to employers.
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- 3 weeks paid vacation starting on day 1
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Financial wellness program
- 401K employer match and profit sharing
- Paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- Mobile data reimbursement
- Free parking
ABOUT BERNSTEIN SHUR
Our 125+ award-winning attorneys and professionals are driven and deliver results on behalf of our clients, while striving to achieve the highest level of professional excellence. Our office culture is collaborative, authentic, and respectful. We have exceptionally high standards for everything we do, and we’re looking for energetic candidates who are ready to take on a new challenge. In 2022, Bernstein Shur was named one of Maine’s Best Places to Work for the eleventh time. It’s a reflection of our values and firm-wide commitment to create a culture that believes in diversity, flexibility, and family-friendly policies. Simply put, we seek to do great work—and have great lives.
Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer.