Associate Attorney – Marketing, Advertising and Data Privacy
Bernstein Shur is looking for an attorney to work in our Business Law Practice Group on matters involving digital marketing, advertising, and data privacy, with a proven ability to draft, review and negotiate technology contracts (e.g. IT outsourcing contracts, licensing agreements, and SAAS agreements).
The right candidate will have 3+ years of law firm and/or in-house experience providing services in the some or all of the following areas:
- Promotions Compliance: Advise and draft rules for sweepstakes, skill contests, giveaways, coupons, rebates, and other promotions.
- Contracts/Agreements: Negotiate, draft, and revise agency-client, marketing, promotion, talent, licensing, and sales agreements.
- Marketing Risk Management: Identify which marketing risks are acceptable and which are not. Draft legal disclosures for advertisements to mitigate risks and comply with Federal Trade Commission advertising guidance.
- Regulatory Requirements: Help clients comply with CAN-SPAM, COPPA, TCPA, autorenewal laws, Federal Trade Commission rules, and other state and federal laws.
- Privacy Laws and AdTech: Advise on the applicability of the CCPA, GDPR, EU Cookie Law, and other laws related to tracking technologies and behavioral advertising.
Bernstein Shur has offices in Maine and New Hampshire and advises clients from across the U.S. and around the world. Our 125+ attorneys practice in more than 20 critical areas and a variety of industries. As an entrepreneurial firm that believes sophisticated doesn’t have to mean stuffy, Bernstein Shur has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for the past 8 years. Bernstein Shur offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, while making quality of life a priority.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and references to Lindsay Leone, Esq., Hiring Partner firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries held in strictest confidence.