Associate Attorney – Business Restructuring & Insolvency
Bernstein Shur is seeking an associate to join our Business Restructuring and Insolvency Practice Group in its Portland, Maine office. Bernstein Shur’s BRI Group has a national practice, regularly advising parties on complex commercial issues in large chapter 11 cases in the S.D.N.Y. and Delaware bankruptcy courts, and also has a robust regional practice.
The ideal candidate will possess 1-3 years of experience with chapter 11 reorganization and knowledge of business restructuring and insolvency.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Superior research and writing skills;
- An ability to work independently and simultaneously on multiple projects; and
- COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate: All Bernstein Shur employees are required, as a condition of employment, to show proof of their Covid-19 vaccination or their eligibility for an exemption under the firm’s vaccination policy.
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- 3 weeks paid vacation starting on day 1
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Financial wellness program
- 401K employer match and profit sharing
- Paid sick time
- 11 paid holidays
- Mobile data reimbursement
- Free parking
ABOUT BERNSTEIN SHUR
Bernstein Shur has offices in Maine and New Hampshire and advises clients from across the U.S. and around the world. Our 120+ award-winning attorneys and professionals are driven and deliver results on behalf of our clients, while striving to achieve the highest level of professional excellence. Our office culture is collaborative, authentic, and respectful. We have exceptionally high standards for everything we do, and we’re looking for energetic candidates who are ready to take on a new challenge. In 2022, Bernstein Shur was named one of Maine’s Best Places to Work for the eleventh time. It’s a reflection of our values and firm-wide commitment to create a culture that believes in diversity, flexibility, and family-friendly policies. Simply put, we seek to do great work—and have great lives.
Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer.