Meet Talesha, champion of employers and businesses, and daring home cook.
603 665-8814 direct
603 623-8700 main
603 623-7775 facsimile
Jefferson Mill Building
670 North Commercial Street
PO Box 1120
Manchester, NH 03105-1120
Named to the New Hampshire Union Leader’s 40 Under Forty program – Class of 2019
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
Talesha is a shareholder in Bernstein Shur’s Labor & Employment and Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Groups and provides thoughtful and practical advice to employers regarding all aspects of employment law, including FLSA, FMLA and ADA compliance, and Title VII and state human rights claims. She strives to help clients effectively navigate complex workplace laws and craft sensible policies to reduce risk and help avoid costly litigation.
In her litigation practice, Talesha utilizes her extensive clerking experience to provide effective representation to her clients. Prior to joining the firm, Talesha worked at the New Hampshire Supreme Court as a judicial clerk for Associate Justice Carol Ann Conboy, and before that, she spent two years clerking for the New Hampshire Superior Court. Talesha knows the ins and outs of court processes and has built up a sturdy foundation in legal research and writing. Although she works to find creative non-litigation solutions, where litigation is unavoidable, Talesha is a committed and dedicated advocate.
But that’s not all. Talesha is also very experienced in:
- Effectively defending employers in discrimination, harassment, and retaliation litigation in state and federal agencies and courts
- Developing clear and effective employment handbooks, policies and procedures for employers
- Conducting engaging in-house employee trainings
- Assisting businesses and individuals efficiently resolve disputes
In her former life, Talesha was:
- A judicial clerk for the New Hampshire Superior Court
- A judicial clerk for Associate Justice Carol Ann Conboy of the New Hampshire Supreme Court
- While in law school, an active member of the local and regional chapters of the Black Law Student Association (BLSA), serving as the sub-chair of the combined northern New England of the Northeast Region of National BLSA (NEBLSA)
When Talesha isn’t working, she is…
Getting involved in her community and serving as a mentor in the Big Brother Big Sister program. Talesha is an active participant of the NH Women’s Bar Association, serving as the organization’s Networking Director, and she is the Co-Chair of the NH Bar Association’s Leadership Academy. Additionally, she serves on the Board of Trustee Rivier University. Talesha is also a dedicated member of her church, where she serves as the president of a scholarship fund, which offers financial assistance to local high school graduates. At home, Talesha enjoys experimenting in her “test” kitchen, getting lost in a book, or enjoying quality time with her family.
JD, Northeastern University School of Law
BA, Franklin Pierce College, summa cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of New Hampshire
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
US District Court for the District of New Hampshire
US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
New Hampshire Bar Association
New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association (Board Member)
NH Leadership Academy, Class of 2015; Steering Committee Co-Chair (2016)
Board of Trustees for Rivier University