Meet Tafara, an impartial Title IX Investigator and experienced litigator.
207 774-1200 direct
207 774-1127 facsimile
Jefferson, GA 30549
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him:
Tafara has extensive experience in conducting thorough, unbiased Title IX and workplace discrimination investigations. Tafara has served as both a Title IX investigator and a Title VI and VII decision-maker at a large, public university. As the child of African immigrant educators, Tafara is passionate about education. This passion led Tafara to work as an education attorney in a large, urban city. There he provided counsel to the state’s largest public K-12 school district on a variety of legal issues including matters involving the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights. Tafara later became an internal Title IX investigator and Title VI and VII decision-maker at a large, public university in Georgia where he combined his litigation background and his passion for education to help impartially administer the university’s sexual misconduct and non-discrimination and anti-discrimination policies.
In addition to his experience in conducting investigations, Tafara has received training on Title VI and Title IX from the American Association for Access, Equity, and Diversity (AAAED). Tafara has also received Title IX training from the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA). Tafara is an approved sexual misconduct investigator by United Educators.
But that’s not all. Tafara is also very experienced in:
- Providing counsel for a K-12 school district in charter school contract negotiations and policy drafting.
- Representing a K-12 school district in Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) administrative hearings
- Representing employers in unemployment compensation (UC) hearings
In his former life, Tafara was:
- An Assistant Director and Title IX Investigator in the University of Georgia’s Equal Opportunity Office
- Special Assistant United States Attorney in the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- An Assistant District Attorney in the Piedmont Judicial Circuit, Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit, and the Dublin Judicial Circuit in Georgia. Tafara was also an Assistant District Attorney in Walworth County, Wisconsin.
- Assistant City Attorney in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the education section
When Tafara isn’t working, he is…
Chasing three active children with his wife Brooklyne, hiking and camping in the North Georgia mountains, and supporting Chelsea F.C.
JD, University of Georgia
BA, University of Florida, cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of Georgia
State of Tennessee (Inactive)
State of Wisconsin (Inactive)
State Bar of Georgia
State Bar of Wisconsin
State Bar of Tennessee