Meet Pete, thoughtful and business savvy advocate and counselor committed to giving his clients peace of mind.
207 228-7137 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Coronavirus Legal Response Team
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2013-2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America ®2023
Employment Law – Individuals
Employment Law – Management
- Chambers USA (2022) – Labor and Employment Law
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Pete’s employment practice is guided by the adage, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Pete uses his common sense business approach to help his clients make legally sound decisions regarding their employees while advancing the needs and mission of his clients’ businesses. Pete practices in all areas of employment law, providing counsel and representation to employers throughout East Coast on issues regarding federal and state leave laws, wrongful termination, wage and hour laws, restrictive covenants, workplace harassment, discrimination, and other evolving labor and employment issues. By treating his clients’ businesses as if they were his own, Pete works tirelessly to help his clients save money, sleep better at night and do right by their employees.
Where litigation is unavoidable, Pete is an aggressive and thoughtful advocate committed to protecting his clients’ personal and business interests. Pete has successfully defended a variety of businesses against claims involving restrictive covenants, discrimination and retaliation, and alleged wage and hour violations. He has represented clients in arbitration, as well as before state and federal courts and administrative agencies across the East Coast. Not only is Pete committed to helping his clients succeed, but he also makes it a priority to give his clients peace of mind during the often unpredictable process of litigation.
But that’s not all. Pete is also experienced in:
- Assisting clients with issues concerning the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII, Fair Labor Standards Act, as well as numerous state anti-discrimination and wage and hour laws
- HIPAA compliance
- FMLA and state leave laws
- Anti-discrimination law
- Non-competition and restrictive covenants
- Employment agreements
In his former life, Peter was:
- A commercial litigator at prominent Boston, Massachusetts law firms
- An employment attorney at Littler Mendelson, the world’s largest labor and employment law firm
- A surface warfare officer in the United States Navy stationed on warships based in Gaeta, Italy and Virginia Beach, Virginia
When Peter isn’t working, he is…
Spending quality time with his wife and two daughters, cooking and baking (often with help from his wife and daughters), running, painting, gardening, skiing and generally being creative, physically active and outside.
J.D., Boston University School of Law, cum laude
B.A., The George Washington University, magna cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
US District Court, Districts of Maine and Massachusetts
US Courts of Appeals for the First, Second and Eleventh Circuits
Past President, Board of Directors, Center for Grieving Children.
Maine State Bar Association