Meet Patrick, practical problem-solver, clear communicator and proud Mainer.
207 228-7301 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Property Tax and Valuation
- Learned Hand Award for graduating first in the class, Vermont Law School
- President’s Leadership Award, Vermont Law School
- Student Pro Bono Award, Vermont Law School
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
As a former environmental consultant, Patrick has a knack for helping clients make sense of it all – he can navigate complex regulations and synthesize information into meaningful outcomes, options and opportunities for clients.
Prior to joining Bernstein Shur, Patrick assisted municipalities, non-profit organizations, regulatory agencies, and private businesses on a variety of projects involving water resources and land use. He understands the importance of collaborating and building consensus, and how those tools can be valuable in advocating for his client’s interests. And, his experience as a judicial law clerk gave him insight into effective legal advocacy. Whether building consensus, or advising on a dispute, Patrick’s priority is to understand his clients’ objectives, and to creatively seek the most practical solutions.
In his former life, Patrick was:
- A law clerk for the honorable Justice Ellen A. Gorman of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court
- A legal intern with the Conservation Law Foundation
- A summer associate with Bernstein Shur
- An environmental consultant
- An AmeriCorps volunteer with the Maine Department of Environmental Protection
When Patrick isn’t working, he is…
Walking in the woods or along the coast with his wife and daughter. He can also be found fishing and canoeing Maine’s lakes and rivers, skiing, or scouting out new craft beers.
JD, Vermont Law School, summa cum laude
BS, University of Maine, magna cum laude
BA, University of Maine, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
American Bar Association
Maine State Bar Association