Meet Ovide, distinguished transactional lawyer and passionate advocate for his community.
603 665-8838 direct
603 623-8700 main
603 623-7775 facsimile
Jefferson Mill Building
670 North Commercial Street
PO Box 1120
Manchester, NH 03105-1120
Board of Directors
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Nonprofit and Tax Exempt
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America and Chambers US
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2009 New Hampshire’s Distinguished Citizen of the Year by the Daniel Webster Council – Boy Scouts of America
- Americans for Prosperity 2011 Conservative of the Year Award
- Honorary Degree, Northeast Catholic College 2011
- Franco-American of the Year 2002
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Ovide’s expertise encompasses substantial legal territory. He has experience in complex business and litigation transactions, and has also served as an advisor to various non-profit and charitable institutions. From representing 350 manufactured housing owners both in litigation and in a complex real estate transaction in order to enable them to purchase their community to dissolving and reorganizing a major healthcare merger, Ovide brings strategic, creative and practical solutions to complex matters.
Ovide served as outside general to Catholic Medical Center, a 350 bed community hospital, in Manchester, NH from 1998 through 2013. His work for the hospital and the CMC Healthcare System began when he represented CMC in disaffiliating it from a merger with Elliot Hospital and reestablishing CMC as an independent community-based Catholic hospital system. Ovide also represented Franklin Regional Hospital in a merger with Lakes Region General Hospital to form LRGH in 2001 and co-authored a law review article regarding the merger. In addition to representing hospitals, Ovide has served as counsel to a number of healthcare facilities and providers.
Ovide is also passionate about his home state of New Hampshire, winning the Republican nomination for governor in 1996, and again in 2012. Coupling this unique insight in politics as well as business, Ovide is a powerhouse in the legal community. His practice primarily focuses on complex business transactions including commercial litigation as well as providing corporate counsel to a diverse array of commercial, charitable non-profit and institutional clients.
But that’s not all. Ovide is very experienced in:
- Construction Law
- Healthcare Law
- Charitable Trust Law
- Public policy
In his former life, Ovide was:
- General counsel for Americans United for Life
- 2012 and 1996 Republican nominee for governor in New Hampshire
- Legal counsel for the New Hampshire State Senate
- Chairman of the New Hampshire State Board of Education
- A shareholder at Devine, Millimet and Branch
- Law clerk to the Honorable James E. Barrett, of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Founding president of Franco-American Center and past Honorary Consul of France to New Hampshire
- President of the Daniel Webster Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Chairman of the Board of St. Mary’s Bank, the nation’s first credit union
- Member of the Boards of Easter Seal Society of NH, CASA-NH, the Bishop’s Charitable Assistance Fund and Manchester Crimeline
When Ovide isn’t working, he is…
Spending time with his family, wife Bettie of 36 years, daughters Madeleine, Brittany, and foster son. You may find them hunting, fishing, hiking and snowmobiling at the family camp on Lake Umbagog.
JD, University of Wyoming College of Law
BA, Catholic University of America
Admitted to practice
State of New Hampshire
United States Supreme Court
New Hampshire Bar Association
National Diocesan Attorneys Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Catholic Lawyers Guild of New Hampshire
Manchester Bar Association