Meet Mike, native Portlander and experienced Title IX attorney.
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Thoughtful, diligent, and persistent, Mike is always intent on producing the highest quality work product for his clients. As a member of the Workplace and Campus Investigations & Consulting group, Mike assists a team of experienced investigators in a wide range of complex misconduct cases.
Mike has extensive experience in the areas of Title IX and sex-based discrimination issues. Drawn to Title IX through his love of sports and competition, Mike spent many years working in athletics compliance for a Boston-based law firm, where he honed his research and writing skills while developing a passion for serving disadvantaged and marginalized groups.
Throughout his career, Mike has worked with some of the biggest and most successful collegiate athletics departments in the country, helping them to remain in compliance with federal gender-equity laws and regulations.
But that’s not all. Mike is also experienced in:
- NCAA athletics compliance
- Collegiate athletics litigation issues
- The law of higher education
In his former life, Mike was:
- An associate at Sports Law Associates, LLC
- A summer law clerk at Kimball, Tirey & St. John, LLP in Irvine, California
- A notes editor for the Chapman Law Review
- A teaching assistant for not one but two courses in law school
- A volunteer Track & Field coach at Deering High School in Portland
When Mike isn’t working, he is…
Taking his dog, Corbin, to the beach, playing disc golf, and cultivating an unhealthy obsession with the Patriots and Red Sox.
- “What Do the New Wage and Hour Regulations Mean for Athletic Departments?” Legal Issues in Collegiate Athletics, Volume 17, Issue 8, June 2016
JD, Chapman University Fowler School of Law
BA, University of Southern ME, summa cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of California
Not Yet Admitted to Practice in ME