Meet Mark, seasoned advocate for energy organizations and outdoor enthusiast.
603 665-8860 direct
603 623-8700 main
603 623-7775 facsimile
Jefferson Mill Building
670 North Commercial Street
PO Box 1120
Manchester, NH 03105-1120
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 Energy Law
- Martindale Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
With long and wide-ranging background helping energy organizations navigate the opportunities and challenges of New England’s rapidly changing legal, regulatory, and legislative environments, Mark brings seasoned judgment, tested experience, and determined advocacy to the table.
Mark has extensive experience working with and appearing before New Hampshire’s state and federal courts, regulators, legislature, and administrative agencies on behalf of energy organizations and other clients. Recognizing the inherent long-term character and impact of energy facilities and policies, Mark helps his clients build long-term relationships and credibility with New Hampshire decision makers and stakeholders. And beyond the trust of his clients, his industry expertise is known and recognized among his peers—Mark maintains an AV Preeminent Rating, the highest peer attorney ranking through Martindale-Hubbell®, and has been listed annually in The Best Lawyers in America for Energy Law since 2005.
But that’s not all. Mark is experienced in a variety of roles:
- As Corporate Counsel: Overseeing the legal challenges of corporate governance, financing, contracting, and regulatory compliance for both regulated and non-regulated market participants.
- As Regulatory Counsel: Frequently practicing before the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission (NHPUC), and also appearing before numerous state administrative agencies and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- As Energy Government Relations Advocate: Regularly testifying before and working with the New Hampshire legislature, its various committees, leaders, and individual legislators.
- As Trial Lawyer: Advocating for clients in the New Hampshire Superior Courts, and in the United States District Courts for the District of New Hampshire, the District of Maine, and the District of Rhode Island.
- As Appellate Counsel: Advocating for clients in the New Hampshire Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
When Mark is not working, he is…
Traveling, hiking, running, swimming, and biking.
JD, Northeastern University School of Law, 1985
BA, Harvard University, 1981
Admitted to practice
State of New Hampshire