Meet Kevin, a dedicated attorney and down-to-earth Mainer.
207 228-7131 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Municipal & Governmental Services
- Faculty Scholastic Achievement Award for graduating first in the class, University of Maine School of Law
- Law Alumni Association Award, University of Maine School of Law
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Kevin brings thoughtful focus, an open mind, and a practical nature to help private and public clients navigate a wide variety of legal disputes and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Bernstein Shur, Kevin gained insight into federal and appellate litigation as a law clerk on the United States Court of Appeals. Before clerking, Kevin sought out a diverse range of experiences as a law student, supporting statewide committees on the Maine Rules of Evidence and human trafficking, interning in state court and the U.S. Attorney’s Office, and briefing and arguing a case as a student attorney before the Maine Supreme Judicial Court. Add in several years working in the nonprofit and public policy sectors, and Kevin’s background allows him to provide well-reasoned insight and guidance for many client issues.
In his former life, Kevin was:
- Law Clerk to the Honorable William J. Kayatta, Jr., of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- A student attorney at the Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic
- A legal intern for the appellate division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office and for the Honorable Jon D. Levy of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court
- Providing communications and policy research support to legal aid and juvenile justice organizations in Maine and Massachusetts
When Kevin isn’t working, he is…
Running, enjoying craft beer, rooting for the New England Patriots, and spending time with his wife and their boxer.
JD, University of Maine School of Law, 2014, summa cum laude
Articles editor, Maine Law Review
AB, Dartmouth College, 2008, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
Commonwealth of Massachusetts