Meet Kat, permitting pro, mastermind of environmental law, and force of nature.
207 228-7297 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Energy Practice Group
Land Use & Environmental Practice Group
- Academic Achievement Award, Environmental Law
- Recognized in Chambers USA 2020 – Environment Law
- Recognized by Super Lawyers
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
When it comes to energy and environmental law, Kat’s a powerhouse. As chair of Bernstein Shur’s Energy and Environmental Practice Group, and a member of the firm’s Wind Energy and Land Use Teams, she’s determined to help you get your development project up and running. And because she’s especially well-versed in federal and state permitting and compliance—particularly when it comes to power plants, transmission lines and industrial developments—she’s uniquely able to help you do just that.
You’ll also always know where you stand with Kat—and your opponents will too. Her forthright demeanor, bravery, congeniality, and peerless ability to “get the job done” make her an ideal legal advisor for any kind of energy or environmental project. With Kat on your side, it’s easy being green.
But that’s not all. Kat is also very experienced in:
- Real estate remediation
- Energy transactions
- Renewable generator development
- Infrastructure and linear development projects
- Environmental diligence for financing, mergers or acquisitions
- Greenhouse gas and climate change regulation
- Negotiated settlements with state and federal agencies
In her former life, Kat was:
- Editor-in-chief of the Ocean and Coastal Law Journal (2002–2003)
- An intern at the Maine Audubon and Natural Resources Council of Maine
- Chair of the Maine State Bar Association Natural Resources Section
When Kat isn’t working, she is…
At the gym, serving on the board of Camp Ketcha, cheering her kids on at the big game (or really any game), or enjoying some “light” reading, like theoretical physics.
JD, University of Maine School of Law MS, Environmental Law, Vermont Law School, cum laude
BA, Middlebury College, cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
U.S. District Court, District of Maine
Cumberland Bar Association
Maine State Bar Association
American Bar Association
American Wind Energy Association