Meet Josh, data defender and competitive skier.
207 228-7263 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Data Security Team
- Rising Star in Technology Transactions by 2014 New England Super Lawyers
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Josh negotiates some of the most sophisticated and complex technology and outsourcing transactions on behalf of large and small entities, including financial institutions, universities, software companies and cloud services providers. From years of experience, Josh knows how to eliminate the kind of contractual ambiguities that can lead to costly disputes down the line; he considers well-defined performance measures essential to a sound agreement. Josh also ensures that outsourced partnerships fulfill clients’ exacting requirements, and he expertly manages their exposure to risk.
But that’s not all. Josh is also very experienced in:
- Formulating data security and privacy policies for clients subject to federal and state data security laws and regulations
- Assisting clients with data breach response measures
- Negotiating software and intellectual property licenses
- Sales and acquisitions transactions
JD, University of Maine School of Law, 2005, magna cum laude
Business Editor, Maine Law Review
BA, Middlebury College, 1999
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
American Bar Association
Carrabassett Valley Academy (Board of Trustees)
Spurwink Services (Development Committee)