Meet Josh, data defender and competitive skier.
207 228-7263 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Data Security Team
Nonprofit and Tax Exempt
Technology, Outsourcing & Data Security
- Named Rising Star in Technology Transactions by 2014 New England Super Lawyers
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Josh negotiates some of the most sophisticated and complex technology transactions on behalf of large and small companies and financial institutions, helping them protect valuable data assets with best-in-class technology licensing and infrastructure services. From years of experience, Josh knows how to eliminate the kind of contractual ambiguities that can lead to costly disputes down the line; he considers well-defined performance measures essential to a sound agreement. Josh also ensures that outsourced partnerships fulfill clients’ exacting requirements, and he expertly manages their exposure to risk.
But that’s not all. Josh is also very experienced in:
- Formulating data security and privacy policies for clients subject to federal and state data security laws and regulations
- Assisting clients with data breach response measures
- Negotiating software and intellectual property licenses
- Sales and acquisitions transactions
In his former life, Josh was:
- A law clerk for the Honorable John A. Woodcock Jr., US District Court for the District of Maine
- A law clerk for the US Attorney’s Office, District of Maine
- An extern with the Maine Patent Program
- An intern at International Management Group’s Winter/Extreme Sports office
When Josh isn’t working, he is…
On the slopes. A lifelong downhill skier, Josh loves fresh powder, challenging runs, and long, freezing rides on the lift. His passion for alpine sports serves him well in his role as a member of the Board of Trustees for Carrabassett Valley Academy, a small school that puts world-class athletic training at the heart of its curriculum. Josh also sits on the Development Committee for Spurwink Services, a mental health nonprofit serving adults, children, and families of Maine.
JD, University of Maine School of Law, 2005, magna cum laude
Business editor, Maine Law Review
BA, Middlebury College, 1999
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
American Bar Association
Carrabassett Valley Academy (Board of Trustees)
Spurwink Services (Development Committee)