Meet Jess, lifelong learner, efficient litigator, and creative thinker.
207 228-7336 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
Jess’ practice focuses on civil rights compliance related to harassment, discrimination, and sexual misconduct.
With a background in litigation, Jess brings an ability to synthesize complex matters to her work assisting clients with issues regarding Title IX process, procedure, and compliance. Jess is a certified Title IX Investigator who approaches each case from an unbiased and trauma-informed perspective. Jess is also an experienced appointed advisor to parties to Title IX hearings.
Having received a Ph. D. in Comparative Literature prior to the start of her legal career, Jess is uniquely positioned to understand the complex and nuanced issues facing institutions of higher education today.
But that’s not all. Jess is also knowledgeable about:
- Construction law and complex contract disputes
- Class action defense
- Responding to federal grand jury subpoenas
- Defending clients facing complaints filed with Boards of Professional Licensure
In her former life, Jess was:
- An academic studying contemporary American literature
- Legal Intern at the Maine Office of the Attorney General
- Legal Intern at Pine Tree Legal Association
- Legal Intern at The Jackson Laboratory
- Summer Associate at Bernstein Shur
- Assistant Instructor at Princeton University
- Volunteer for the Twin Villages Foodbank Farm
When Jess isn’t working, she’s…
Spending time outdoors camping and canoeing with her wife, daughter, and three dogs.
JD, Northeastern University School of Law, 2021
PhD, Princeton University, 2018
MA, Princeton University, 2014
BS, University of California, Berkeley, 2010
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
Maine Bar Association
Board Member, Wayfinder Schools