Meet Jana, trustworthy litigator and pragmatic thinker with a proven track record of achieving clients’ desired results.
207 228-7373 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
- Honorable Daniel E. Wathen First-Year Legal Writing Prize – Best Appellate Brief
- Awarded Prize Brief & Argument – University of Maine School of Law, 2017
- Super Lawyers New England Rising Stars, 2022
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
Jana’s approach to litigation and dispute resolution starts with building trust and a common understanding with her clients. She understands how stressful litigation can be for all parties. With each case, Jana takes the time to delve into the background and listen thoughtfully to her clients’ perspectives and experiences. She helps clients set and understand their goals and addresses any barriers to achieving them with an intentional and effective approach that leverages her experience as a litigation attorney and Law Clerk for the Maine Superior Court to ensure a smooth and effective experience.
In her former life, Jana was:
- Litigation Attorney at a boutique litigation firm in Portland, Maine.
- Law Clerk with the Maine Superior Court in Bangor.
- Summer Law Clerk with the Department of Interior & Office of Solicitor in Boise, Idaho.
- Elder caregiver in various residential settings; and
- The first woman in the state of Maine to kick a regulation varsity high school football field goal.
When Jana isn’t working, she is…
Mountaineering, winter camping, cross-country skiing, inline skating, and spending as much time as possible in the Maine and New Hampshire mountains.
JD, University of Maine School of Law, cum laude
BA, University of Maine, magna cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
Maine State Bar Association