Meet James, former journalist and self-confessed policy junkie.
207 228-7198 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 “Ones To Watch”
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
As a former award-winning journalist covering government and politics, James has a knack for tracking down facts and distilling complex information into clear, concise prose. He tailored those skills to legal practice as a clerk for Keleher & McCleod, PA, an Albuquerque litigation firm versed in matters like wrongful termination liability, construction contracting disputes, municipal defense and appellate practice.
While attending law school — in part while working full-time as a newspaper reporter — James served as Editor-in-Chief of the New Mexico Law Review. He also worked as a clinical law student prosecuting drunken driving and domestic violence offenses on behalf of the District Attorney’s Office, and representing low-income clients in immigration, family law and unpaid wage cases. James was also the recipient of the University of New Mexico School of Law’s ALI-ABA award for excellence in leadership and scholarship.
But that’s not all. James is also very experienced in:
- Drafting legal motions, including motions for summary judgment and motions to dismiss
- Managing discovery with scrutiny and tough questioning
- Legal research and evidentiary analysis
In his former life, James was:
- Staff writer for the Albuquerque Journal, New Mexico’s largest newspaper
- Adjunct community college English instructor
- Legal extern to the Honorable James O. Browning, United States District Judge for the District of New Mexico
When James isn’t working, he is…
Sailing, rock climbing, snowboarding, playing ice hockey, or experimenting with new recipes in the kitchen.
JD, University of New Mexico School of Law, cum laude
MS, Northwestern University
BA, University of Illinois at Chicago
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
American Bar Association
Maine State Bar Association