Meet Jim, real estate attorney, master communicator and Doberman-whisperer.
603 665-8824 direct
603 623-8700 main
603 623-7775 facsimile
Jefferson Mill Building
670 North Commercial Street
PO Box 1120
Manchester, NH 03105-1120
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2016-2022
Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
Real Estate Law
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating – Martindale-Hubbell
- Graduate, Leadership New Hampshire Class of 2020
- Honorary Fellow, New Hampshire Bar Foundation
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
With more than twenty years of experience handling complex and multijurisdictional commercial real estate and commercial lending transactions, Jim leverages his understanding to convey the facts clearly and get the deal done. Whether he is working with clients or with opposing counsel, it’s Jim’s proven ability to communicate with clear, concise language while negotiating complex transactions that allows him to deliver practical solutions for clients and see them through the end.
Jim is a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and the American College of Mortgage Attorneys. He is recognized by Martindale-Hubble with an AV Preeminent ® Peer Review. Jim was also recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star 2009-2014 and was named a Super Lawyer in 2021. Additionally, Jim has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law and Commercial Transactions/UCC each year since 2016.
Jim is an adjunct faculty member at The University of New Hampshire’s Franklin Pierce School of Law where he teaches a course on Business Transactions in the Daniel Webster Honors Program.
He is also active in charitable and civic matters across New Hampshire. In particular, he is a passionate supporter of New Hampshire’s most vulnerable citizens. To that end, Jim served on the board of New Hampshire Legal Assistance, is currently serving as the board chair for the Legal Assistance & Referral Center, and has been appointed by the New Hampshire Supreme Court to serve on the Access to Justice Commission. He has also served on the board of directors of the Animal Rescue League of New Hampshire, InTown Manchester, and the High Hopes Foundation. Jim is also a proud graduate of Leadership New Hampshire’s Class of 2020.
But that’s not all. Jim is also very experienced in:
- Transactions involving the acquisition, disposition, and financing of low-income housing projects
- Sale-leaseback transactions
- Commercial leasing
- Commercial loan transactions, including real estate finance, construction finance, and asset-based loans
- Representation of lenders and special services in connection with commercial loan workouts, restructuring, and foreclosures
- Real estate and lending aspects of complex merger and acquisition transactions
- Zoning and land use planning matters
- Representing clients before local, state, and federal regulatory authorities in regulatory and permitting proceedings affecting public utilities and real estate development projects
In his former life, Jim was:
- An associate at Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell
- An associate, and then counsel, at Nixon Peabody LLP
- A partner at Wadleigh, Starr & Peters, PLLC
When Jim isn’t working, he is…
Spending time with his family and training his dogs, Magic the Doberman and Luna the mutt.
JD, Boston University School of Law
BA, University of New Hampshire, cum laude
BS, University of New Hampshire, cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of New Hampshire
State of ME
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
State of Rhode Island
ME State Bar Association
New Hampshire Bar Association
Rhode Island State Bar Association
New Hampshire Access to Justice Commission