Meet Jim, real estate attorney, master communicator and Doberman-whisperer.
603 665-8824 direct
603 623-8700 main
603 623-7775 facsimile
Jefferson Mill Building
670 North Commercial Street
PO Box 1120
Manchester, NH 03105-1120
- Fellow, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016-2021
Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
Real Estate Law
- Martindale-Hubble AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Graduate, Leadership New Hampshire Class of 2020
- Honorary Fellow, New Hampshire Bar Foundation
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
With nearly twenty years of experience handling complex and multi-jurisdictional commercial real estate and commercial lending transactions, Jim leverages his understanding to convey the facts clearly and get the deal done. Whether he is working with clients or with opposing counsel, it’s Jim’s proven ability to communicate with clear, concise language while negotiating complex transactions that allows him to deliver practical solutions for clients and see them through to the end.
Jim is a Fellow in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys. He is recognized by Martindale-Hubble with an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating and was ranked in Chambers USA for Real Estate. He was also recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2009 – 2014 and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law and Commercial Transactions/UCC each year since 2016.
Jim is active in charitable and civic matters. In particular, he is a passionate supporter of efforts to improve access to justice for New Hampshire’s most vulnerable citizens. To that end, Jim served on the boards of New Hampshire Legal Assistance and the Legal Advice & Referral Center for many years, ultimately serving as the board chair for the last three years of his term as a board member, he was a member of the Campaign for Legal Services Leadership Council, and he has been appointed by the New Hampshire Supreme Court to serve on the Access to Justice Commission. He has also served on the boards of directors of the Animal Rescue League of New Hampshire, InTown Manchester, and the High Hopes Foundation. Jim is a proud graduate of Leadership New Hampshire’s Class of 2020.
But that’s not all. Jim is also very experienced in:
- Transactions involving the acquisition, disposition, and financing of low-income housing projects
- Sale-leaseback transactions
- Commercial leasing
- Commercial loan transactions, including real estate finance, construction finance, and asset based loans
- Representation of lenders and special servicers in connection with commercial loan workouts, restructuring, and foreclosures
- Real estate and lending aspects of complex merger and acquisition transactions
- Zoning and land use planning matters
- Representing clients before local, state, and federal regulatory authorities in regulatory and permitting proceedings affecting public utilities and real estate development projects
In his former life, Jim was:
- An associate at Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell
- An associate, and then counsel, at Nixon Peabody LLP
- A partner at Wadleigh, Starr & Peters, PLLC
When Jim isn’t working, he is…
Spending time with his family and training their dogs.
JD, Boston University School of Law
BA, University of New Hampshire, cum laude
BS, University of New Hampshire, cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of New Hampshire
State of Maine
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
State of Rhode Island
Maine State Bar Association
New Hampshire Bar Association
Rhode Island State Bar Association
New Hampshire Access to Justice Commission