Meet Jim, real estate attorney, master communicator and Doberman-whisperer.
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
With more than fifteen years of experience handling complex and multi-jurisdictional commercial real estate and commercial lending transactions, Jim leverages his understanding to convey the facts clearly and get the deal done. Whether he is working with clients or with opposing counsel, it’s Jim’s proven ability to communicate with clear, concise language while negotiating complex transactions that allows him to deliver practical solutions for clients and see them through to the end.
Jim is recognized by Martindale-Hubble with an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating and was ranked in Chambers USA for Real Estate. He was also recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2009 – 2014 and listed in the 2016 and 2017 editions of The Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law and Commercial Transactions/UCC.
But that’s not all. Jim is also very experienced in:
- Zoning and land use planning matters
- Representation of lenders and special servicers in connection with commercial loan workouts, restructuring and foreclosures
- Real estate and lending aspects of complex merger and acquisition transactions
- Representing clients before local, state and federal regulatory authorities in regulatory and permitting proceedings affecting public utilities and real estate development projects
In his former life, Jim was:
- An associate at Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell
- An associate, and then counsel, at Nixon Peabody LLP
- A partner at Wadleigh, Starr & Peters
When Jim isn’t working, he is…
Spending time with his family and training their dogs Sigmund the Doberman and Zoey the mixed breed.
JD, Boston University School of Law
BA, University of New Hampshire, cum laude
BS, University of New Hampshire, cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
State of New Hampshire
State of Rhode Island
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Maine State Bar Association
New Hampshire State Bar Association
Rhode Island State Bar Association
New Hampshire Access to Justice Commission
Campaign for Legal Services
Animal Rescue League of New Hampshire (Board of Directors)