Meet Will, a dedicated and driven associate with an eye for detail.
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Business Restructuring & Insolvency
Labor & Employment
Executive Editor, Michigan Journal of Law Reform
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Will understands how his legal practice can benefit his community. Prior to joining Bernstein Shur, he worked for the Michigan Innocence Clinic as well as the Michigan Civil Litigation Initiative, helping overturn wrongful convictions and fighting for clients facing housing discrimination. Will has also worked in Maine state politics, where he developed strong relationships and honed his communication skills. He began as a political organizer and worked his way up to Finance Director at the Maine Senate Democratic Campaign Committee, organizing the campaign’s fundraising efforts.
Throughout his career, Will sharpened critical skills he now applies every day to further his clients’ goals—assessing needs, evaluating strategic options, and communicating complex ideas effectively with attention and respect. Will’s work ethic, commitment and collaborative thinking keep him laser focused on his client’s success.
But that’s not all. Will is also experienced in:
- Contract disputes, enforceability, and unconscionability claims
- Litigation of land disputes, including timber trespass and nuisance claims
- Statewide and municipal environmental litigation claims
- Coalition building, fundraising, and grass roots campaign organization
- Volunteering his time assisting the ACLU with civil rights litigation
In his former life, Will was:
- Student attorney for the Michigan Innocence Clinic
- Finance Director for the Maine Senate Democratic Campaign Committee
- Western Maine Field Organizer for Maine Citizens
- Brewery Tour Guide in Bar Harbor and Hotel Receptionist at Alta Ski Resort
When Will isn’t working, he is…
Skiing, camping, hiking, canoeing, or spending some time on his indoor hobbies; board games, movies, learning the ukulele, and kicking his feet up at the end of a long day with his cat.
JD, University of Michigan Law School, cum laude
BA, Bowdoin College
Admitted to practice
State of Maine