Meet Eric, results-driven, sensible advisor and mastermind of business and health care law.
207 228-7256 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America ®2021
- Ranked in Chambers USA – Corporate M&A
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Eric brings a refreshing and astonishing breadth of legal experience: He’s worked on appellate litigation, municipal law, ERISA, securities law, tax law, corporate and partnership law, health care law, and housing law. After more than 40 years of practice, there’s essentially no problem that Eric can’t dissect and solve.
At Bernstein Shur, Eric focuses on counseling businesses on everything from governance to executive compensation. He is also a dedicated member of the firm’s health care practice, for which he covers both the regulatory and transactional aspects, including mergers and acquisitions.
But that’s not all. Eric is also very experienced in:
- Representing clients in acquiring limited partner interests in mature limited partnerships
- Corporate takeover battles involving Maine-based public companies
- Working with hospitals, physicians (individuals and group practices), dentists, denturists, physical therapists, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, pharmacy chains, and drug treatment programs
- Resolving shareholder and partnership disputes
- Syndicating real estate projects, including federally subsidized housing projects
- Individual and class action lawsuits against general partners who have breached fiduciary duties through self-dealing and other improper acts
In his former life, Eric was:
- Part of a family business, where he worked a variety of jobs: He’s sawed logs, performed cost studies, and evaluated talent for promotion
- A poverty worker in Appalachia
When Eric isn’t working, he is…
Finding serenity outdoors through hunting, fishing, and sailing. Eric also enjoys painting and woodworking, and has been involved with numerous organizations that promote local artists.
JD, Boston University School of Law, 1973
Member, Law Review
BA, Harvard University, 1969
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
Maine State Bar Association (Committee to Revise the Maine Uniform Partnership, Co-chair; Committee to Adopt the Maine Limited Liability Company Act; Committee to Revise the Maine Business Corporation Act)
American Bar Association
Cumberland County Bar Association