Meet Dan, savvy business advisor and data-privacy attorney, and proud life-long Mainer.
207 228-7265 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Technology, Outsourcing & Data Security
- 2012 Admiral Edward L. Cochrane Award
- Case Note Editor at Maine Law Review
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
Having worked for both a Boston-based hedge fund and as a research associate for the Information Commissioner’s Office, Dan has a unique perspective on how cutting-edge privacy regulators navigate the confluence of financial and privacy harm. Dan frequently partners with local businesses to help them assess, anticipate, and manage their privacy and cybersecurity risks, and his growing practice includes emerging legal issues in the technology sphere, like cryptocurrency.
Dan also has over a decade of research experience in the academic arena, and in 2017 his outline for interpreting the then-new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was used by several thousand IAPP privacy pros in their efforts to become GDPR compliant. A thorough researcher who monitors the pulse of emerging issues, Dan is a dedicated partner to help plan for what’s next on the horizon and to help clients find the answers they need.
But that’s not all. Dan is also very experienced in:
- Information privacy
- Data security
- CIPP/US Certified
In his former life, Dan was:
- An extern for the Information Commissioner’s Office
- The Charles A. Harvey Trial Immersion Fellow at Maine Law
- A Privacy Fellow at the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- A Junior Portfolio Manager at Clough Capital Partners for the Clough Emeth Fund
- A Research Associate at Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- An Intern at Azrieli Center for Economic Policy in Tel Aviv, Israel
When Dan isn’t working, he is…
Getting in some quality basketball time whenever he is able, as well as biking and hiking.
JD, University of Maine School of Law, cum laude
BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
Mentor at Portland Mentor Alliance