Meet Brita, a litigation and dispute resolution attorney.
207 228-7152 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
- Katahdin Counsel Recognition Program, 2013 – honored for providing pro bono legal services to low-income and elderly residents
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
When it comes to asbestos-related litigation, whether for large, nationally recognized corporations or regional companies looking to hire counsel, contact Brita. In addition to her asbestos experience, Brita also has a deep background handling a wide variety of civil litigation matters, including in the areas of product liability, toxic tort, environmental, land use enforcement, landlord/tenant, commercial leases, municipal and personal injury.
No matter is too large—or too small. Whether representing individuals, companies, or municipalities, she works tirelessly on her client’s behalf throughout all aspects of the case, from working to resolve a dispute prior to litigation, to conducting and defending discovery and trial depositions, to drafting and arguing motions, to working with expert witnesses, and to final resolution. At the heart of her hard work and diligence is a single goal: providing the best possible resolution at a reasonable cost.
But that’s not all. Brita is also very experienced in:
- Collaborating with the Business Restructuring and Insolvency Practice Group on major bankruptcy cases involving fee examination
In her former life, Brita was:
- Judicial intern for New York Supreme Court Justice Martin Schoenfeld
- Legislative assistant for US Congressman Joseph J. DioGuardi (NY)
- Product liability and environmental/insurance coverage attorney at a large New York City law firm
- Member of a small asbestos litigation and environmental firm in Portland, Maine
“A Practical Guide to Evidence in Maine”, MCLE New England (2020)
JD, Fordham University School of Law
Editor in chief, Fordham Environmental Law Journal
Member, Fordham Moot Court Board
BA, Skidmore College
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
State of New Jersey
State of New York
United States District Court, District of Maine
United States District Court, District of New Jersey
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
Maine State Bar Association
American Bar Association