Meet Asha, licensed professional engineer, tenacious litigator, and gentlewoman farmer.
207 228-7279 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Coronavirus Legal Response Team
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Technology, Outsourcing & Data Security
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
Asha’s specialty is dispute resolution involving construction, energy, insurance, and banking claims. In addition to being an attorney, Asha is a licensed professional engineer, with LEED accreditation and years of experience designing and coordinating multi-million dollar projects as a civil engineer with Parsons Brinckerhoff. Her firsthand experience with the ins and outs of construction, demolition, and green-energy projects makes her an especially effective advocate in litigation matters and contract negotiations spanning those fields.
But that’s not all. Asha is also very experienced in:
- Representing energy clients, including power plants from New England to the Caribbean, in long term contract negotiations
- Securing coverage for insureds under commercial general liability, property, data security, and directors’ and officers’ policies, including through litigation against insurance companies under the Maine’s Unfair Settlement Practices Act
- Construction contract drafting and negotiation
- Litigation and dispute resolution of construction defect claims and lien and bond claims
In her former life, Asha was:
A civil engineer at Parsons Brinckerhoff, designing and coordinating construction and demolition projects, as well as state and federal transportation and highway safety projects.
When Asha isn’t working, she is…
Working in her garden—or cooking up something delicious with her latest harvest.
JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2007, cum laude
BSE, University of Pennsylvania, 2000, magna cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
US District Court, District of Maine
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
US District Court, District of Massachusetts
Licensed Professional Engineer
State of Maine and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Maine State Bar Association
Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce, Vice President
USGBC, Maine Chapter (Board Member)
ABA Construction Forum (Co-Chair of 2016 Regional Programs, Assistant Editor of 2x4x10 Newsletter, Division 10 Steering Committee, Publications and Diversity Committees)