Meet Asha, licensed professional engineer, tenacious litigator, and gentlewoman farmer.
207 228-7279 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Zenobia M. Charron
Coronavirus Legal Response Team
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- AV Preeminent® – Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America ®2022
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
Asha’s specialty is dispute resolution involving construction, energy, insurance, and banking claims. In addition to being an attorney, Asha is a licensed professional engineer, with LEED accreditation and years of experience designing and coordinating multi-million dollar projects as a civil engineer with Parsons Brinckerhoff. Her firsthand experience with the ins and outs of construction, and energy projects makes her an especially effective advocate in litigation matters and contract negotiations spanning those fields.
But that’s not all. Asha is also very experienced in:
- Construction contract drafting and negotiation for complex building and energy projects
- Litigation and dispute resolution of construction defect & delay claims and lien and bond claims
- Representing energy clients, including power plants from New England to the Caribbean, in long term contract negotiations
- Securing coverage for insureds under commercial general liability, property, data security, and directors’ and officers’ policies, including through litigation against insurance companies
In her former life, Asha was:
A civil engineer at Parsons Brinckerhoff, designing and coordinating construction and demolition projects, as well as state and federal transportation and highway safety projects.
When Asha isn’t working, she is…
Working in her garden—or cooking up something delicious with her latest harvest.
JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2007, cum laude
BSE, University of Pennsylvania, 2000, magna cum laude
Admitted to practice
State of ME
US District Court, District of ME
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
US District Court, District of Massachusetts
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Licensed Professional Engineer
State of ME and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Maine State Bar Association, Board of Governors; Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) Lawyers Section
Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce, Chair of the Board of Directors
Women in Construction & Project Development Event, Founder & Committee Chair
Associated Builders and Contractors of NH & VT Education & Training Instructor
ABA Construction Forum Publications Committee Chair (2020 – ), Contributing Editor of The Construction Lawyer (2013-2020), Co-Chair of 2016 Regional Programs, Editor of 2x4x10 Newsletter (2017-2020), Division 10 Steering Committee