Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
With 15+ years of experience as a regulator and counsel to both state and federally chartered banks, Andrea helps her clients launch innovative products and solve their most complex problems. Concentrating on consumer finance and bank regulatory matters, Andrea has a deep, comprehensive understanding of the unique challenges clients face, and guides them through the process with clear communication and focus.
In her role as former Vice President and Senior Counsel at TD Bank, Andrea provided advice to multiple lines of business on federal consumer protection laws such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, E-Sign Act, relating to product development, servicing, and changes to the bank’s existing product suite.
Throughout the course of her tenure, Andrea oversaw regulatory examination preparation, management, and post examination resolution counsel in connection with examinations by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and other North American financial institution regulatory authorities. She also served as lead attorney supporting the bank’s Fair and Responsible Banking efforts, including guidance to the Fair and Responsible Banking compliance team.
But that’s not all. Andrea is also very experienced in:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts and Practices Act and Bank Secrecy Act
- Fair and Responsible Banking compliance and fair lending laws
- Federal and state statutes and regulations applicable to deposit and lending operations and risk management protocols
In her former life, Andrea was:
- Vice President and Compliance Officer for Gorham Savings Bank
- An attorney for the State of New Hampshire Banking Department
- A legal intern for the US Attorney’s office, Criminal Division, in Honolulu, Hawaii
When Andrea isn’t working, she is…
Competing in dressage with her horse Luquillo, rescuing dogs, and spending time with her family.
JD, University of New Hampshire School of Law
BS, Johnson & Wales University
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
State of New Hampshire
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Board of Directors, Carlisle Foundation
Board of Directors, Treasurer 2010-2014, Director 2008-2014, Maine Bar Foundation
Maine Banker’s Association, Compliance Committee (Chair 2006-2011, Legislative Committee 2006-2011)
American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Banking Law Committee