Meet Amber, a dedicated employment lawyer and experienced independent investigator.
207 228-7149 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 “Ones To Watch”
Labor and Employment Law – Management
Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 “Ones To Watch”
Labor & Employment Law – Management
Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Recipient of the Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project’s Volunteer of the Year Award in 2015
- Recipient of Faculty Awards for both Community Service and Significant Achievement from the University of ME School of Law
- Honored by the ME Supreme Judicial Court’s Katahdin Counsel Recognition Program for pro bono work
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
An energetic and down-to-earth attorney with an admirable persistence for justice, Amber has represented a host of businesses and schools in employment, contract and civil rights litigation in state and federal court and has handled complaints before the ME Human Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the federal Office for Civil Rights. This experience gives Amber a compelling edge when assisting companies and educational institutions with preventive training, policy development and compliance issues.
Amber is also a trained, trauma-informed external investigator, conducting thorough investigations in the workplace, at educational institutions and for sports organizations. Amber is an approved sexual misconduct investigator by United Educators and has received certifications from The National Center for Campus Public Safety and The Forensic Experiential Trauma Interview (FETI). Her experience as outside counsel for businesses and educational institutions allows her to approach investigations with a strong understanding of the complexities of an organization’s policies and procedures.
But that’s not all. Amber also assists businesses, individuals, and families in a range of immigration law matters. Fluent in Spanish, Amber’s cultural competency gained through extensive travel allows her to connect with individuals from diverse backgrounds and navigate complex issues with sensitivity and composure, both in her investigations and immigration practice.
In her former life, Amber was:
- A Board member of the ME Justice Foundation
- A Co-chair of the ME Association for Public Interest Law
- A student attorney for ME Law’s Refugee and Human Rights Clinic, assisting low-income immigrants through a broad range of cases and projects
- A Judicial extern for the Honorable Kermit Lipez, at the U.S. Court of Appeals First Circuit
- A Coordinator for the University of Vermont’s Study Abroad Program in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Traveling extensively through Mexico, Central America, South America, South East Asia and Oceania
When Amber isn’t working, she is…
Travelling, surfing, snowboarding, at a music show, reading, practicing yoga or spending time in the great outdoors.
JD, University of ME School of Law, magna cum laude
BA, University of Vermont
Admitted to practice
State of ME
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
ME Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Proud Corporate Partner of: