Designing solutions throughout COVID-19.
COVID-19 is rapidly impacting the local and global construction industry in a multitude of ways. The clients we work with – developers, general contractors, and subcontractors – all feel the repercussions of increased health and safety concerns, labor shortages, supply chain delays, and increased financing tensions.
Whether it’s litigation avoidance, preventive work on contract documents, contract negotiations, bid disputes, or management of ongoing change orders or issues involving unforeseen conditions, we’ll work with you to manage the legalities of your business without slowing down your progress.
In response to COVID-19, we assist clients with:
- COVID-19-related notices of delay, asserting claims for extensions of time and cost
- Reviewing and advising for contractual termination rights in response to COVID-19
- Drafting to appropriately allocate COVID-19 risk on complex commercial transactions
- Negotiation of insurance provisions for construction contracts
- Assertion and prosecution of insurance claims arising from COVID-19
- Providing comprehensive guidance for navigation during these tenuous financial times
- Drafting or responding to notices to lenders as required by project finance document
- Minimizing risk and liability through assisting with proper inspection/worker safety
- Virtual inspections
- Regulations, Orders, and Emergency Guidance shaping construction in Northern New England
We understand your challenges and will do everything possible to resolve conflicts – without litigation. When litigation is unavoidable, we’ll work in ways that are pragmatic and cost-effective, so you can get back to the business of construction.