A nationally recognized team ready to guide you through the COVID-19 crisis.
The nationally recognized attorneys in our Business Restructuring and Insolvency Group (BRI) can help fortify you and your business through the unique economic challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. We have decades of experience providing sophisticated legal counsel to clients facing financial difficulties, and stand ready to provide services throughout this crisis, including representing clients in Chapter 11 reorganizations, obtaining new business financing, debt restructuring, forbearance agreements, litigation, and asset sales. Whether representing a national bank, a small business, or an individual, we provide comprehensive and creative legal counsel to meet all your needs.
Let us know how we can help.
With businesses disrupted or altogether shuttered for an indeterminate period of time due to the COVID-19 crisis, our seasoned team is your ideal partner for weathering the storm and putting your business in the best possible position to emerge in a stronger position down the line. With decades of experience at our disposal, our services include:
- Advising clients on budgeting, cash flow analysis, default risks and projecting feasible operating plans
- Communicating with vendors about trade terms and supply chain concerns
- Negotiating with lenders, including forbearance, interest moratoriums, and borrowing base flexibility.
- Accessing legislative relief for low- or no-interest loans to make payroll and meet other operating expenses, and ensure you’re complying with applicable requirements for loan forgiveness
If out-of-court solutions are not sufficient to resolve your financial challenges, our group is a leader in representing debtors in bankruptcy cases around the country, with an emphasis on serving as debtor’s counsel in Chapter 11 reorganization cases. Here are some highlights:
- Our senior member and co-chair is a fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, the practice area’s highest honor, and the 2009-2010 president of the American Bankruptcy Institute
- In February 2020, we represented the debtors in the first two cases filed in Maine days after the Small Business Reorganization Act took effect, which added a new Subchapter V to Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code to provide a streamlined, efficient and cost-effective opportunity for small businesses to successfully reorganize under Chapter 11
- Currently serving as debtor’s counsel to a Federally Qualified Health Center in its Chapter 11 case in Vermont.
- Served as debtor’s counsel in dozens of other Chapter 11 cases in recent years
We also represent creditors, lenders, and other interested parties in a wide variety of matters around the country, including:
- Directors’ liability, lender liability, complex preferential and fraudulent transfers, and other commercial and business tort litigation
- Representing receivers, liquidating trustees, creditors’ committees, parties acquiring distressed businesses, and other parties affected by insolvency proceedings
- Representing national banks in litigation and collection proceeds, as well as debt restructurings
- Advising buyers of distressed assets in and out of bankruptcy