Virtual Title IX Investigator Training
DATE: 16 & 17 JUL 2020
TIME: 9:00am - 12:30pm
LOCATION: Zoom webinar
Get Directions »
Please join our Bernstein Shur education attorneys for a virtual Title IX investigator training.
In this two-day program, experienced Bernstein Shur education attorneys and independent investigators will provide comprehensive training on conducting Title IX / non-discrimination investigations for school investigators. Through case studies and exercises, participants will learn how best to respond to and investigate these complaints in an impartial, thorough, and equitable manner.
Upon completion of this training, participants will receive the required training and materials in compliance with the Department of Education’s new Title IX Regulations. These materials will be made available to you even if you’re unable to attend both days.
- New Title IX Regulations
- Title IX’s Definition of “Sexual Harassment” and Jurisdictional Scope
- How to Conduct an Impartial Investigation, including Conflicts of Interest, Bias and Prejudgment
- Trauma-Informed Interviewing Techniques
- Understanding “Relevant” Evidence and “Rape Shield” Exclusions
- Fairly Assessing Evidence and Making Credibility Determinations
- Report Writing
Who Should Consider Attending:
- Investigators and Adjudicators
- Deans of Students
- Student Life Staff
- Title IX Coordinators
- Human Resources Personnel
- School Lawyers
Due to the breadth of content being covered and the webinar format, the training will take place over the course of two days:
July 16th: 9:00am – 12:30pm &
July 17th: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Please register HERE if you are interested in attending.
Please note: If you previously enrolled in this training, your registration will automatically expand to both days. You do not need to register again.