DATE: 7th -8th APR 2020
TIME: 9:00am - 3:00pm
LOCATION: Bernstein Shur, 100 Middle Street, Portland, ME, 04101, IB Conference Room
Get Directions »
It is important to us at Bernstein Shur to provide a safe and healthy environment to our clients and members.
Due to growing concerns of the coronavirus and recent precautions being taken regarding large group events, we will be rescheduling our Investigator Training on April 7th and 8th to a later date.
We will communicate the rescheduled date as soon as we can.
In this two-day training, Bernstein Shur education attorneys and certified Title IX Workplace and Campus Investigators, Kai McGintee, Sara Hellstedt, Amber Attalla and Abbey Greene Goldman will provide a comprehensive training program on best practices for conducting thorough, equitable, fact-based Investigations in educational settings. This broad-based training will cover investigations of discrimination and harassment complaints, as well as sexual misconduct complaints. Additionally, the training will provide a detailed review of the new Title IX regulations and how they will affect the investigation process in educational institutions. Utilizing case studies and interactive exercises, participants will learn:
- Review of an investigation process that will uphold over time
- All components of a complete investigation
- Best practices for conducting fundamentally fair and trauma-informed investigations
- Making sound credibility assessments and drafting clear, precise findings in a report
- How to collect, understand, interpret, and manage evidence
- Interactive scenarios to work through challenging situations and frequent issues that commonly arise in investigations
Presentation materials, checklists and templates, and a valuable desk-top resource guide on sexual misconduct response and investigation protocols are included in this two-day seminar
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Campus Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Coordinators
- Training and Prevention Personnel
- Human Resource Personnel
- Student Conduct Personnel
- Student Affairs Administrators
- General Counsel and outside Attorneys
- Campus Law Enforcement
- Mental Health Support Staff
- Student Advisors
FEE: The fee to attend this seminar is $850.
Please RSVP to Ana Davis at email@example.com if you are interested in attending.
Please include your name, title, school organization, address and email.