Sr. Commercial Paralegal
Bernstein Shur – A great opportunity to join a dynamic firm supporting the Business Law Practice Group (BLPG) in Portland, Maine. Interested candidates should be knowledgeable in commercial law, energetic and eager to put their experience to work immediately. The senior commercial paralegal will assist lawyers with business transactions, including M&A, corporate, securities, commercial lending, technology, and healthcare, through due diligence, structuring, financing and closing. The attorneys and the members of the administrative staff in the BLPG work as a team to maintain superior client relationships. The senior commercial paralegal will be a key member of the BLPG team and the expectation is that the majority of his/her time will be billable to clients. This position is located in the beautiful old port area of Portland, Maine.
The position requires a current knowledge of how common business transactions are structured and documented. Candidates must be well-organized and attentive to detail, be able to work independently, and have excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and priorities to ensure deadlines are met. He/she must be able to communicate with all levels of firm and client staff. The senior commercial paralegal must have strong technical skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to learn the firm’s document management and billing systems.
Intelligence, initiative and a willingness to learn are necessary to succeed in the position and evidence of these qualities will outweigh lack of specific experience. This is the ideal job for a talented person who wishes to use his or her skills in a high-level legal practice.
- Work with attorneys on a broad array of commercial transactions.
- Draft, revise and review documents, including entity organizational documents, legal agreements and correspondence.
- Coordinate and conduct commercial closings.
- Review, organize, and summarize legal agreements and business information.
- Manage legal documents, correspondence, deal closings, and communications with clients and with counsel to other parties.
- Delegate as appropriate, assigning document production to the legal assistant of the supervising attorney and reviewing the assistant’s work.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. All inquiries are confidential. Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer.