Meet Wendy, real estate aficionado, foodie, and relentless negotiator.
207 228-7361 direct
207 774-1200 main
207 774-1127 facsimile
100 Middle Street
PO Box 9729
Portland, ME 04104-5029
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America for mortgage banking foreclosure law
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with her.
Whether you need real estate transaction or commercial collections guidance, a creditor’s perspective or a debtor’s view, or just someone who is sure to be practical and thoughtful in negotiations, Wendy can help you anticipate, prepare for, and be a step ahead of the next challenge.
Wendy is one of the few people in Maine experienced in all aspects of public housing and Section 8 tenant conflicts, knows HUD regulations like the back of her hand, and is well versed in the DHHS Maine Human Rights Commission process as it pertains to Maine housing providers.
But that’s not all. Wendy is also very experienced in:
- Sorting out landlord-tenant differences relating to leases, contracts, evictions, money collections, mortgage foreclosures, and title insurance
- Negotiating mortgage workout agreements, contracts, and leases, and resolving creditor and debtor payment conflicts
- Working with institutional lenders, borrowers, and businesses on documentation and restructuring of transactions, and collection procedures
- Litigating the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act and the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act
- The particularities of perfecting and enforcing security interests in the Uniform Commercial Code
- Advising banks, small- to medium-business sales forces, commercial and residential landlords, and commercial litigators concerning collection strategies, bounced checks, avoiding bankruptcy, landlord-tenant relations, and more
In her former life, Wendy was:
- An attorney at Lambert Coffin, and before that, Cope Law Firm
- In-house counsel at Recoll Management and later at Fleet Bank
When Wendy isn’t working, she is…
Serving as a member of the Falmouth Board of Zoning Appeals. In her spare time, Wendy makes pottery and cooks any recipe she can get her hands on. She also enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking, skiing, and hot yoga.
JD, University of Maine School of Law, 1990
BA, Mount Holyoke College, 1983
Admitted to practice
State of Maine
Maine State Bar Association
American Bar Association
Pine Tree Society (President and Board of Directors)
Maine Judicial Branch Commission on Foreclosure Diversion (March 2009 – January 2010)