Meet Terry, mediator, arbitrator, and New Hampshire’s first member of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers.
603 665-8826 direct
603 623-8700 main
603 623-7775 facsimile
Jefferson Mill Building
670 North Commercial Street
PO Box 1120
Manchester, NH 03105-1120
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Recognized by Chambers USA and Best Lawyers in America
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
Here’s why you’ll enjoy working with him.
As the first New Hampshire attorney admitted to the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, one of the highest honors in his field, Terry is generally recognized as being at the top of his profession. Throughout his career, Terry has seen and worked on every workplace issue under the sun. He’s won numerous difficult cases and found solutions to many tough employment problems with his practical and persistent approach.
In addition to representing clients, Terry serves as a panel arbitrator and mediator for the American Arbitration Association, the US District Court, the New Hampshire Superior Court, the New Hampshire Public Employee Labor Relations Board, and the New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights.
But that’s not all. Terry is also very experienced in:
- Navigating collective bargaining and union organizing campaigns
- Labor arbitration and mediation
- Defending OSHA, NLRB, and wage-and-hour claims
- Handling employment contract and non-competition issues
- Litigating wrongful termination, discrimination, and sexual harassment suits
- Representing both employees and employers in legal and labor relations matters involving partnership, companies, unions, nonprofits, and governmental entities
In his former life, Terry was:
- Executive director and general counsel of the National Education Association of New Hampshire
- United States Ambassador to Trinidad from 1997 to 2001
- Partner and president of a large New Hampshire law firm
- Appointed by the governor to the New Hampshire Ballot Law Commission, which decides election disputes
When Terry isn’t working, he is…
Serving as a board member for the New Hampshire Historical Society and the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College. Terry also enjoys politics, golfing, relaxing with a good book, and spending time with his family.
JD, Boston University School of Law, 1973
BA, Dartmouth College, 1970
Admitted to practice
State of New Hampshire
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
US District Courts of New Hampshire and Massachusetts
First Circuit, Second Circuit, and District of Columbia Court of Appeals
New Hampshire Bar Association (ADR and Labor sections)
National Association of Distinguished Neutrals
College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
Council of American Ambassadors